CH. 4 A New Friend

I plonked myself on my new bed and stared at the ceiling. After Dreco and I finished yelling at each other and I agreed to his deal, two buff men in suits uncuffed me and took (actually kind of grabbed both of my arms and dragged) me to a room which they said that Dreco arranged for this room to be mine. As much as I hated him already, I had to admit it was truly a beautiful room. It was a warm toned theme, with tans, yellows, brown etc colouring and the whole space was about my apartments size. The bed I was currently lying on was really big and was actually a circle rather than the normal bed shape. This room was fit for a queen but I feel like I'm scum more than anything compared in this room. But it's true, I am from the slums after all. But I am here now.

I rolled around on my bed, enjoying the never before feeling of a soft bed before I was overcome with guilt. How could I be enjoying such luxury at this moment? I hoped mother was okay and that damn Dreco had better be keeping his word of treating my mother after I agreed to his stupid deal. I know i should probably appreciate this more but i don't. Sure he is treating my mother but it's only for his benefit and he tricked me into this. I hoped she was confutable and on her way to getting better.
After rolling about some more, I was just about to get to my feet when someone knocked at the door. I paused, unsure of what to do.

"Umm, h-hello?" I finally found my voice and called out uncertainly. I wasn't expecting anybody and I really didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. The door slowly opened and in walked a young girl around my age and she greeted me nervously.

"Hello Miss, um, my name is Bethy and I've been assigned to be your maid. I've brought you your dinner as the master asked so please eat."

I blinked at her. A maid? Why on earth would I need a maid, I can take care of myself!

"Oh hello, I'm Audrina, please don't call me Miss, you can just say my name." I smiled at her. She seems to be pretty nice and I wondered if we could be friends.

"Thank you, but I really don't need a maid, I can look after myself just fine."

Her face suddenly turned an interesting shade of purple and she looked absolutely horrified. I think I just gave her a heart attack right on the spot. "Oh no Miss, please let me be your maid! Dreco has asked me personally so I need to obey his orders! Please don't send me away!"

She was trembling now and I think...she is praying? Hmmff, what a strange girl she is.

I got up and walked over to her. She took a step back before I said, "Okay okay! Calm down, I won't bite." I patted her arm. "So Dreco put you up to this?"

She looked at the ground and answered, "yes".

I sighed. I really didn't want a maid to take care of me but she seemed scared if I said no and to what would Dreco say if she told him my answer. I didn't know him at all but I know he is threatening and has one hell of a mood swing and I also I didn't want her losing her job or something on the account of me. I ran my fingers through my hair and found that it was really knotty. I bet I looked a mess right now. I turned to Bethy and saw her looking at me hopefully. I let out another sigh before looking at her.

"Okay, you can be my maid but please don't do everything for me! I just don't want Dreco getting angry at you and please don't call me Miss. Feel free to call me Audrina!"

I flashed her a small smile and I saw her wide grin. She let out a little squeak before giving me a tight hug. I was a bit surprised, seeing her being so nervous to giving me a hug. I was still for a moment before letting out a giggle and hugged her back. This is the first I have been hugged by a girl like this in such a friendly manner. It felt nice.
Bethy then realised what she was doing and quickly let me go.