CH. 5 The Italian Household

Waking up this morning was one of the easiest things I have ever done. The bed was beyond comfy and though I was still concerned about mother, I had quite a peaceful sleep. I yawned and stretched my body before jumping out if bed. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 11:30 am, almost lunch time. I then walked over to my closet and after staring for some while (there were so many clothes I thought I could open a shop) I finally selected a pair of grey sweatpants and a tight black shirt. I brushed my hair and then opened my door.

As soon as I opened my door I closed it. Shit this house was huge. I haven't even ventured outside of my room but I already knew this place was huge. I opened the door again and glanced around the long hallway. I had to be super ninja because I didn't want to run into Satan. After checking both ways I carefully walked out and I spotted a set of stairs that went on forever and decided to go down them.

1 hour later, 3 floors, 27 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and 4 other rooms later, I have completed my round the world trip and arrived at the kitchen. I am now panting heavily and I rested my head on the counter. How rich was this guy? Was he all alone in this giant house? Throughout my adventure of discovering the kitchen I ran into no one and my attempts to find Bethy were nil. "He must have a lot of money to live in, god I hate to say this, a very beautiful house." I thought. I had now recovered and I saw huge white double doors. Curiosity got the better of me and I walked over and pushed them open.

I gasped. Oh my god, I have discovered human life in this lifeless place. Inside I guessed was another humungous kitchen and inside were about 5 chefs and 7 men dressed quite formally. I was quite surprised as they were all talking quite loudly and I could not hear a single sound from outside of those doors. I felt relive surge through my body when I spotted Bethy, who was talking to an older woman, around 50-60 who was also wearing the same uniform as her. Bethy spotted me and made her way to me.

"Hi, you're awake! Sorry, it must have been torture finding your around, I should have came and got you!" Bethy looked a little worried to see if I was upset or not.

"Morning! And no, it's alright, I somehow managed."

"Okay then" Bethy said, smiling at me. "Come, I'll introduce you to the rest of the servants here." She then grabbed my arm and pulled me over to the chefs first. It felt a bit weird calling them servants, as everyone back home was self sufficient. No did anything for each other, unless something was in it for them.

"Randolph! Here she is, the fiancé of Master! The one you've been dying to meet!" Bethy had led me over to an older gentlemen who was busily chopping something and instructing another chef at the same time. When he heard Bethy talking to him he stopped at his tracks and stared at me. I felt a little self conscious at that moment and awkwardly said hello. He narrowed his eyes at me, seizing me up before he burst into a huge grin and starting sprouting a language I didn't understand.

Bethy saw my panic and she laughed.

"Haha, sorry I forgot to tell you Randolph is pure Italian and doesn't speak anything but Italian. Don't worry though, he said you are very beautiful and nice!"

I felt relived. I was glad Randolph wasn't verbally abusing me, though it looked like he was. I glanced at Bethy and a though struck me.
"Bethy, are you Italian?"

She shook her head. "No, I'm not but over the years I have lived here I gradually picked it up and Randolph taught me quite a bit. You see, the Master is Italian, as so is is father and grandfather etc and when his grandfather came here to start his "business" when he was young, he brought over his Italian workers and over the generations they have kept a tight Italian circle of workers, even now."

My eyes opened wide. I mean Dreco did have that sexy accent (what the hell am I thinking?) but I didn't think he'd be full Italian. It was also pretty surprising to hear that most of his servants were from Italy aswell.