CH 9

Slamming my shot glass down I winced as the clear liquid burned down my throat. I signalled the bartender for another one. I saw him hesitate before I glared at him and he quickly got my drink. I don't think any amount of alcohol could suppress my nerves and uncomfortableness in this room.

The bartender slid my glass up my way and I quickly drowned it down in a flash. I already had 6 shots but I still was completely sober. I guess all those years of early drinking with the boss at the garage shows my liquor status now.

"That's some strong stamina you got there girl," a deep voice said behind me. I frowned at whipped around to find Isak smirking at me and mentioning to the 6 empty glasses beside me.

"You're not even swaying damn," he chuckled and I laughed along with him. Isak helped himself on the stool beside and and ordered a whiskey. He and the bar man seemed to know each other as they were chatting to one another.

"So this is one a Dreco's best," I thought to myself as I studied his features from the side. His blond hair was kept short and the sides were clipped close to his head. His huge frame was all solid muscle though somewhere in my head said I still preferred Dreco's build. My eyes snapped up. I shook my head, horrified that I would think those kind of thoughts.

"Stupid idiot," I muttered to myself. The vodka must finally be getting to me.

Looking back up at Isak, I distracted myself by studying his face which I found he had a long, impossibly thin scar running down his cheek. It was hard to notice it at first but once I did I couldn't stop looking.

"Knife cut," Isak said. I jolted slightly and my cheeks reddened with embarrassment.

"S-sorry," I stammered. "I didn't mean to stare."

Isak turned his stool to face me and smiled. "Nah it's alright, I don't care. I got it when I was a teenager from a fight with another group."

"Did it hurt?" I asked. I reached over and gently ran my fingers down the scar. He shivered under my hands.

"Yes, like a bitch. It doesn't seem like it but it was a really deep cut and my face was all messed up. But even back then Dreco and I knew each other as we were in the same grade and he offered to fix me up if I worked for him. So that's the story."

My eyes widened at this information. He and Dreco went way back? Heck I didn't think he'd have any friends let alone old mates from his younger years.

"Wait," I asked slowly, "how old are you guys again?"

"27"

Oh. My. God. I am pretty sure my eyes were wide as saucers right now and Isak was giving me a strange look but I didn't care. 27 years old?! He his a whole 8 years older than me, which actually didn't seem that bad compared to some of the girls and the men in this room, but still! I had only expected him to be 24 years old tops.

"Wow. He is an old man." I muttered to myself. Isak snorted with laughter beside me and he chocked on his drink to the point to had to slap him on the back.

"Ow that hurt!" He winced as he rubbed his back but was still spluttering with laughter. "Better not use those moves against the old man now," he snickered and I glared at him. I was just about to make a smart-ass remark back at him when he suddenly looked over my shoulder and grinned.

"Well here's your old man right here now so I'll catch you later then," he winked at he and patted my shoulder before swiftly moving along. I couldn't help but grin at his antics and I giggled to myself as Dreco slid up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"What were you two laughing about," he asked gruffly, his eyes following Isak across the room. His expression was something I couldn't read and I shrugged at him honestly thinking there is nothing to tell. Dreco opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by someone holding an expensive smelling cigar. I crinkled my nose at the smell before I realised that it was the Big Man and Dreco stood straighter and greeted him again.

"How has your night been you two lovebirds?" The Big Man chuckled as both him and Dreco clapped each others backs again. Dreco wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"The night has been great Big Man, especially with you and Audrina here as well." Dreco pulled me even closer to him and I smiled tightly at him. If he didn't stop suffocating me soon I will have a jab him the back.

"That's good son. But......I just came by to make sure .....that you know the main event is starting soon." The Big Man smiled at me and I hesitantly smiled back. I felt a light sweat gather at my forehead to the heavy connotation behind his words. I felt Dreco stiffen beside me and stood up straighter.

"Yes sir, I know." I glanced between the two of them and the Big Man chuckled once more before turning away.

The both us breathed a sigh of relief and Drecos hand relaxed on my waist.