Chapter 23: The Mines of Mandalore

Word Count: 7,2376
*EDITED*

"Whoo-hoo! You hear that? She's purring like a nuzzle shrew."

Behind Peli, her droids were working on assembling a speeder. Elodie eyes the droids as they spray the metal components with a shiny silver before attaching them.

"No complaints. Still faster than I know what to do with." Elodie nudges his seat with a roll of her eyes, "And it's already got us out of trouble more than a few times."

"Well, I'll tune her up, just the same. So, uh, where's my guy?" Grogu peaks his head up from resting on Elodie's lap, and Peli expresses her relief. Seeing the mechanic, the child sprung out of Elodie's arms and into hers. She caught him with a loud chuckle, placing the child on her hip like a toddler.

"Huh? There he is! Now who taught you how to leap like a Lurmen, huh?" The child babbled at her, and the woman looked up at the pair in shock while they hopped out of the ship. "Was that his first word? I think he's talking to me. Did you hear that? He said 'Peli'." She said with a smile in her voice. Lately, the child had been beginning to be more vocal, but his annunciation left a lot to be desired.

"We're here on business." Din explained, pulling to a stop beside her. "Oh, are the Hutts back? Are you takin' out Boba Fett?" Elodie whipped around to the woman, "What? No! Peli!" The mechanic shrugged it off.

"Whatever. I am going to get changed." The Wolven said, skipping to grab a back from the cockpit and run into the mechanic's office.

Elodie closed the door behind her and made sure that the blinds were down. Opening her bag, she pulled out the package she was gifted by Greef and greedily ripped open the paper like a child on life day. There were a few sets of clothes with a note left on top of the pile.

"This fabric is extremely rare and hard to produce. The psychoactive membranes will meld to your skin when a change is triggered. These unstable molecules will not tear and adapt to fit all shapes and sizes. May they serve you well, Wolfling." She read. Rummaging a little, she found that there were three sets of matching colours, all of which were sports bras and tight shorts in black, grey, and beige. As well as some other casual clothes, which she put to the side for later- they would do well in combat nonetheless.

The material of the sports getup resembled spandex; it was soft and stretchy. It looked thin, but Elodie could not pierce her sharpened nail through it.

She stripped down and slipped a grey set on, pleasantly surprised that the material shrank to fit snugly. It showed more skin than she was comfortable with, but the only other option would be to show all skin- this would have to do.

Elodie jumped up and down, happy that her breasts were securely strapped down. There was nothing more uncomfortable than boobs flailing when fighting or running for your life. The Wolven slipped her vest and loose trousers on over the underwear and tucked the rest of the clothing into her rucksack.

Exiting, she walked up to Din. The Mandalorian stood with a hand rubbing the back of his neck, and the mechanic and her child were nowhere to be seen. "What've you done?" She asked slowly. Din sighed deeply and rested his hands on his hips. "Peli talked me into buying R-5, seeing as the Jawas didn't have a memory circuit."

Sparks erupted from the N-1 and Peli rose with a welding mask. "He's taking an oil bath now, he'll be up and ready to go as soon as I've finished reinstalling this droid port."

Elodie said nothing but pinched her lips with a nod. When Peli flicked the mask back down and resumed welding, the Wolven kicked the Mandalorian's Beskar-plated shin. Though it didn't hurt, he stumbled back. "Hey! what was-"