Chapter 24: The Convert

Word Count: 4,513
My first time using Photoshop and I am so happy with how the image turned out <3
*EDITED*

Everyone just sort of takes a moment when the two Mandalorians fly up from the depths of the Living Waters. They pant, sitting on the steps leading down, and slowly rise to sit up. Their water-logged clothes made their outfits three times as heavy, and each movement elicited a groan of exertion.

"I am redeemed." Din proclaimed, hands either side of him to support his weight. Elodie used her dry shirt to wipe the water from his visor. He tipped his helmet at her, thankfully. "It only took, what? 5 near-death experiences. If I were part cat instead of wolf, I would be down to one life."

Bo-Katan struggled to her feet and sounded bored. "I was witness. You bathed in the Living Waters. You are Mandalorian again. Can we leave now?" Elodie grabbed the Mandalorian male's hand and helped him stand. He walked to the water's edge and pulled an empty vial from his belt to collect some of the water. She looked at his belt in wonder, as it always seemed to be conveniently stocked for whatever he needed.

"Can I ask you something?" Bo-Katan pondered, fiddling with her vambrace while Elodie busied herself with placing the child back in the pram safely. He didn't need to be in harm's way while they were exiting the cave.

"What is it?" The Mandalorian asked, securing his weaponry back onto his belt from the pile where he dumped them. The female stared at the murky waters, surprisingly still following their escapades. "You see anything down there?"

He shrugged in response. "I saw the chasm passing me as I fell. I didn't realise it was so deep."

"It wasn't." Bo-Katan frowned, thinking back to her childhood. The water back then only came to her small waist. "The bombs from the Purge must have triggered seismic activities. Did you see anything alive?"

Din turned to face her and assess to see if she was ready to move. "Alive? Like what?"

"Nothing. Let's get out of here."

Elodie patted her arm as she walked by with the child, knocking Bo-Katan out of her stupor. "Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest. If things survived up here, there must be something lurking down there too." Din clicked a button on his vambrace, securing the hood of the pram shut now that the child was settled. "I think we should stick to fighting things above ground."

"Yeah, well, you have a bad habit of attracting creepy crawlies anywhere." The Wolven noted, teasingly. The only response she received was the sag of his shoulders as they departed from the city.

Bo-Katan led them towards her ship, The Gauntlet. They settled inside, and she graciously switched on the heater so that their clothes would dry up quicker. Din was so much more thankful for her in that moment. Elodie had slipped his gloves off when Bo-Katan started take off and held them in her own hands.

His cold hands greedily drained the heat pouring from her skin and she tried not to flinch initially at the contact. It always amazed him how warm her natural body temperature ran, anyone else would be in a puddle on the floor.

Exiting the atmosphere was less daunting after all they had gone through beneath the surface of Mandalore. "Bring me to my ship and I'll be on my way. You will forever have my gratitude."

"I would invite you in for a feast, but I'm guessing that helmet isn't coming off again." Bo-Katan looks back at Din, understandingly, and he nods back in confirmation.

"Can I still accept? I'm starving." Elodie chimed, leaning forward to hold her hand up between them. The Mandalorians smirked under their helmets at the woman, who looked genuinely upset.