02 - confidential

🌙

🌙

May|2016

With a quick start in her breath,
Alex's eyes slowly opened.

Finding herself in an unknown room. It was the size of an interrogation room, metal walls surrounding her, creating a hazy green glow. Military boxes stacked on her right.

"Look who's finally awake." The sound of a gravelly sigh triggered her to be more alert.

He peaked over his shoulder before his back faced her as he dug inside a duffle bag. She tried to attempt an attack to her victim, until restraints in her arm caught her attention, Alex looked behind, finding her hands bound by a sturdy rope in a tight knot. Her feet failed to lunge forward as her left ankle was tied to the edge of the cot.

Marc turned around with a grin, staring at the black box he was holding before glancing up at her with a chuckle. "That was some fight you put up with on that roof, huh. You were close, but I'll give you points for trying." He stepped forwards waiting for a comeback.

Without a word, Alex only stared at him as if determined to win the contest shared between their gazes. Hoping in doing so would distract him as she reached for her knife in her back pocket. Shocked while feeling the absence of a handle, as confusion coated the panic inside Alex.

Where is it?

Realization hit her like a ton of bricks when she noticed her shoulder was bare. She wasn't wearing her suit. Finding herself only in her tank top and leather pants.

Surging a storm, Alex faced her enemy and clenched her jaw.

"Where is my suit you son of a-"

"Classified." Marc cut her off with a proud smirk and a tilted of his head, now standing in front of cot that she was tied to. "Besides, I'm not stupid to let you murder me with whatever gadgets are attached to that suit."

Alex rolled her eyes as she tried to loosen the bands, yet it became impossible for her to free herself as a burning against her skin allowed a hiss to escape her lips.

Marc rose an eyebrow with a judging smile and the shake of his head. "I wouldn't bother with that if I were you. It's a military rope so its pretty sturdy and tight." He said as he sat down beside her as Alex shifted away.

"Calm down, I'm just taking care of that nasty cut." He sighed in annoyance, referring to the scarlet line on her skin. He opened the box, revealing bandages and bottles filled with liquids. He pulled what seemed to be rubbing alcohol, pouring the substance on a rag.

Alex looked at his face, surprised to see no evidence of her mark on his cheek. Completely gone. It was as if it never existed.

"How long was I out for?" She wondered as she scanned his face.