08 - return the favor

B U D A P E S T hungary

B U D A P E S T
hungary

June | 2016

"Seventh Circle Prison?" Natasha asked behind the wheel inside of the car.

The one they were 'borrowing' this time. Though the owner would be fortunate for it to come back in one piece after an Avenger used it.

Alex, sitting in her designated spot in the backseat -because she didn't call shotgun fast enough before Yelena punched her arm- let out a sigh.

"Yes. At least that's what Marc told me." She confirmed, holding her tongue being back in the presence of the famous hero.

A cackle joined to converse in the conversation. "You mean the guy who tried to kill you, while you tried to kill him?" Yelena turned her head over her shoulder with the strain to mock the irony of the coincidence.

Alex rolled her eyes in response. "Obviously. Who else do you think I'd be in contact with? Not many other options to choose from when most of them are dead."

Yelena shrugged in defense with a mindless shrug. "Oh sorry to touch a sensitive topic Alexandra, I was just clarifying for my sister. Y'know since she's out of loop to Black Widow system for a couple of years." She said, earning a glare from Natasha while Yelena raised her eyebrows in an innocence that was still so abnormal to see for Alex.

"Anyways," She continued with her focus back at Alex with a smirk growing on her lips. "Just kind of funny to me for that guy to lend you some help and was willing to cooperate."

"Yeah well, that guy wasn't my first pick for a lead." Alex instantly avoided her gaze while shifting her position, staring at the laces on her leather boots that rested on the compartment between the two front seats. "He's just another asshole, but it's what I'm stuck with Belova."

"Ha!" Yelena shouted with a tease in her tone while earning the gesture of Alex sticking her tongue out.

"Can we focus please?" Natasha snapped, glancing straight at the other two through the rearview mirror. Yelena and Alex sneered at each other until they both huffed in their seats.

"How do you know how this guy isn't lying, Alex?" Natasha proceeded interrogate the facts that were laid on the table. "Do you think we can trust him?"

He did spare my life. Twice. Alex thought to herself, glancing at her shoulder where her jacket slipped off from. Still beyond to her knowledge, there was no answer as to why he didn't just kill during the first encounter. That silly weapon of his only leaving a scratch when piercing her chest instead would have been a much quicker solution. If he was an assassin like herself at least.