05 - awaken

🌙

🌙

L O N D O N
united kingdom

June|2016

The lights activated as Marc walked down the hallway of the storage warehouse.

He came to his unit, using his key to unlock it, letting a loud screech echo throughout the corridors as the door opened.

Thankfully his alter, Steven Grant, went back to his flat after getting a new job at the gift shop at the British Museum. It wasn't being a tour guide, but it would keep the guy occupied while Marc focused on his missions from Khonshu. It would keep Steven focused on his daily life and not suspect he shares a body with a mercenary.

He didn't realize how loud he was until he saw her eyes fixed on him, startling her awake. She glared before struggling to get up with her bound hands but she still managed to sit up on the cot. Her expression melted from shock to judgment, scanning him up and down.

"You're late. You'd say you'd be back in the morning. It's the afternoon." Alex said with her eyebrow raised.

Marc rolled his eyes as he shut the door behind him. "I'm here aren't I?" He huffed as he shuffled over to tower over her with hands on his hips.

"And I'm still trapped in these." She replied with her usual sarcastic tone, raising the cuffs around her wrists.

He ignored her comment as usual, gesturing her to scoot so he could sit down. "Move over, please."

Alex didn't budge. She kept her stare on him as if she was trying to slice his throat with them. "Why? You seem comfortable standing."

"Just move over!"

"Make me."

Triggering his blood to boil and his nostrils to flare, leading to a drastic shake of his head in frustration, he grabbed a box instead and moved it in front of her.

"Does you're boss purposely make you girls act like 5-year-olds?" He asked.

Alex frowned at the comeback but she was much more clever. "Nah, those are whiny victims, like you."

Marc clenched his jaw as he was about to scold her with his finger, ready to flame her more. But then she laughed.

"That's enough," Marc said before clicking his tongue. "Now, I need to ask you something."

Alex shot him a look of annoyance. "For the last time Marc Spector, I'm not telling you the name of my boss."

"But they can't hear you!" Marc threw his hands in the air, the disease of irritation continuing to grow with every word that left Alex's mouth.