06 - making allegiance

B U D A P E S Thungray

B U D A P E S T
hungray

June | 2016

After hiding in the vent for an hour or two, the three women went to find anything to mend Yelena's wound.

Alex was reminded of why Natasha was such a threat. But hearing Natasha say killing Dreykov's daughter was collateral damage, struck a nerve.

That collateral damage was ugly, but so was stealing the lives, with a third of those lives being innocent children, under Dreykov's control. Lives that had only just begun. All because of his of philosophy that plagued humanity.

That collateral damage that rewarded Alex with a ledger dripping and drenched in scarlet satisfaction. A victory she used to be proud of.

Now, it disgusted Alex.

"This is Alexanrda Balandin by the way." Yelena broke the awkard silence as they approached a gas station. "She and I were in the Red Room together."

"Natasha Romanoff." The Red head said with a smirk.

Alex glanced up with a nod, ignoring the initiation of the hand shake Natasha, who retracted the offer.

There were a few reasons for the lack of a response.

A, Alex was still annoyed by the topic of Dreykov's daughter. The way Natasha treated it as just another kill count really bugged her.

B, already not liking the goody-goody Avenger aura. There made not have been words exchanged, but just in her presence alone was enough for Alex to feeling alienated next to one of earth's mightiest heroes.

C, Alex was still grasping onto her new reality. Her emotions holding her words bound as if he was still watching, even though she knew she was free.

"She was on an assignment the same time I was to track down Oksana." Yelena added as they approached the small convention store. "How did that go by the way? Did you get the guy?"

Curiosity pushed her eyebrow up as Alex realized the conversation was now focused on her.

"Why don't you two get what you need and I'll stand watch." Alex suggested as she folded her arms with a nod. "Just to make sure we weren't followed."

A sigh escaped Yelena's mouth and returned nod back. "Sounds good."

Natasha tilted her head, suspicious of Alex's behavior. "You sure you'll be okay? You can come inside with us."

Yelena cleared her throat at Natasha and shook her head. The redhead didn't wait for a response as the two walked inside. Continuing to catch up on each other.