chapter 3

Mon has been living in the UK for almost two years now and has made a name for herself as a fixer/strategist who was an expert at reviving failing businesses and companies that were on the brink of folding all around Europe and the UK, and although she has a successful career she remains completely humble thanks to her parents upbringing.

*********

Spending that many hours on a plane wasn't exactly Mon's idea of peace and tranquility, but just the thought of seeing her parents and friends face to face again after being away for so many months, made the journey so much worth it. Finally Mon reached her destination and after taking care of business she was on her way

****

I'm finally going to see my parents Mon said to herself which brought a huge dimpled smile to her face that got the attention of many onlookers..

Wow she's so pretty,one traveler  in a group of tourist commented.

Yes and I bet her partner must be really overprotective becauseI know i would, another one replied.

A shy blush overtook Mon's face and she quickly bowed her head in appreciation at her new admirers and for a moment she kinda felt like a celebrity.Suddenly her phone started vibrating..

Hey mom!I'm here at the airport,yes,yes me too, I can't wait to see you guys she smiled,No,I'm going to be ok mom don't worry, Yuki is here to pick me up..lol sure mom I will tell her to wear her seatbelt..oh speak of the devil here she comes.. bye,bye,kiss,kiss see later .

Mon!!! Yuki shouted,pulling Mon into her bear hug.

Yuki!!!My Gummy bear!

Oh my goodness Mon!Is that really you??Yuki asked and pinched Mon's cheeks to make sure she wasn't imagining it which turned Mon into tomato because Yuki had zero chill.

Calm down Gummy, people are staring..Mon laughed.

I don't care! I've missed my bestie so much and now she's back!..Yuki shouted for the whole world to hear and holding unto Mon tightly almost afraid of letting go.

Alright Gummy,Iet's be on our way before you turn us into an airport meme and security decides to drag us out.

A couple of minutes later and they were on the road.

Hey Mon, I got to admit that the UK has been treating you well,I mean damn girl you're ageing like a fine wine ,you have a successful career, a new look that fits you perfectly and to top it all off, you bagged yourself an English Rose,

Hey Mon, I got to admit that the UK has been treating you well,I mean damn girl you're ageing like a fine wine ,you have a successful career, a new look that fits you perfectly and to top it all off, you bagged yourself an English Rose,..wigling her eyebrows at the last part.

First of all thank you for making me feel old and secondly, I'm twenty four, everybody looks like  fine wine in their twenties Yuks and Mon laughed because she knows how her friend loves to be overdramatic.

Oh you know what I mean silly,just take the compliment already before I decide to pull over and pinch those cheeks of yours..

Lol ok, ok and thank you bestie,you know I was just teasing you,and you don't look to shabby yourself,I bet Tee can't wait to put a ring on it.