Chapter 11

Sam was having a coffee with Adena at their usual coffee place discussing the details about their upcomming wedding.The idea of a destination wedding with 500 guest isn't what she wanted at all and not that she couldn't afford it,of course she could,she was extremely wealthy but she preferred a more intimate setting with her closest friends,her grandmother and Mon's parents.

Oh for f8ck's sake, Adena!Adena's parents you idiot..Sam mentally scolded herself.

"Are you okay lover?" "You know what they say about frowns right?.Can't have you looking wrinkly on our wedding day."

Sam tried to be optimistic about this whole situation because she's getting married soon and who's not happy when it's the love of your life right?so she just agreed and smiled.

"What the hell are they doing here?"Adena looked like she wanted to puke.

Who?Sam asked looking over her shoulder. 

"Oh," she said taking a sip of her coffee and also hiding behind her mug, she wasn't sure if she was still angry at them or happy to see them,probably both she told herself.

They walked past Sam and Adena and pretended not to notice them at first.

Oh hi Adena!they all greeted with fake enthusiams.It's so nice see you again,How have you been? Kade asked as she went in for a hug that Adena dodged expertly.

"I'm sorry but i'm wearing Givenchy".I have an appointment and I don't want to get creases on this blouse, but you do understand don't you?Or maybe not.. she said mockingly.

Well at least we're not leeches, Jim said bluntly.

 Okay, we have to go our table is ready,Tee made and excuse as Yuki and Kade literaly had to drag Jim away who was in a stare down with Adena.

*****

 Adena made a disgusted face as she watched them go. "Such a classless mess" she sneered." Do they really have to attend my wedding? "

"No wait, don't answer that."she continued with her rant

"I need to go see my therapist, people like them usually triggers my anxiety."

I'm sorry lover, Adena said in a haste as she checked her very expensive designer watch.I have to do a couple of rounds before my appointment.Don't be sad,we will be seeing each other tonight,ciao.

*****

Sam wasn't even paying any attention because her mind was somewhere else.

"Wtf just happened" she thought. "I know they deliberately ignored me but I don't care. I'm perfectly fine with having no friends at all, she pouted while looking over at their table."

I'm not in needy, in fact i'm leaving, and she started to walk.

"No you idiot go back and give them a piece of your mind.They should be the ones begging you  for mercy . You are Samanam Anantakrul remember?

Of course I am, she agreed confidently.

Sam was standing at their table checking her finger nials and looking at theceiling as if it was interesting.

Everybody was throwing each other subtle looks and Jim nudged Kade with the elbow.

"I'm sorry madam are you lost?"Kade asked Sam.

"Sam gave her a death glare and everybody burst out laughing."

Oh C'mon Fuzzy you know we were just joking.

That wasn't even funny,she sneered.

 Anyway "Grumpy ",we owe you an apology for goig behind your back, but you know we did it for Diversity right and the staff?and it worked.