Chapter 4

A week later..

Back at home, Mon was enjoying a nice family dinner with her mum,dad and Nop who came over for a visit.

*********

Auntee,Uncle I haven't enjoyed a lovely meal like this in such a very long time, Nop said while rubbing his stuffed belly out of delight.

That's because you young people don't have the patience to stand in front of a stove mum Pohn replied pointing at both Mon and Nop.

Yes that's true honey, dad On agreed. All they want to do is to pick up a phone and open that..thing, that thing,what is it called?

an App? Mon asked,not exactly sure if that was what her dad was referring to.

Yes that's the thing dad On replied.These days you have an app for everything and it's getting out of hand.I heard a kid tell her mum the other day ..

"Mum, Pleaaaaase don't break my phone,my whole life is on that thing" and I'm telling you honey that kid didn't look a day older than 10, so what life was she referring to?dad On asked with a confused expression on his face while he shooked his head in disbelief which made everybody laugh.

Today's kids they have it way too easy mum Pohn agreed.

Actually guys you would be surprised, because I can prepare a proper english breakfast and a stunning roast dinner amongst other things,I haven't just been working and lounging around in the UK you know, Mon boasted with a smile on her face.

Now that's my daughter and honey, you are going to put those skills to test, I don't want to hear any excuses because you and I are going to prepare Christmas dinner together! mum Pohn excitedly exclaimed while clapping her hands.

Yes Mon I can't wait, Nop teasingly said while playfully rubbing his belly again.

Well you're not invited and don't you have a girlfriend? wasn't I supposed to meet her tonight?

Hey you can't do that Nop mockingly cried, we're practically family you can't let me die of starvation.

By the way, I  really wanted you to meet Fah but she's studying for her final exam so she kindly asked to be excused.I told Auntee and Uncle and they probably forgot to tell you but don't worry Mon she will definitely and without a doubt attend Christmas lunch, Nop said with a huge grin and a wink which got him a kick on the leg from underneath the table.

Ouch..that hurt..

Good.

Mon's parents laughed at their antics as they playfully teased each other.

Hey guys don't laugh I still have to get down on this bruised knee to ask Fah's hand in marriage.

Oh my goodness Nop!Come here! Mon's parents shouted in joy.