chapter 2

"tori!" ellen hughes yelled across the airport. tori had been looking around for the woman like a lost puppy. she ran up to ellen and was immediately wrapped into a hug.

"i missed you so much! where are the boys?" tori asked who she considered her second mom.

ellen laughed as she said, "they're back at the house trying to make sure everything is ready for you. the house got pretty messy with all those boys!"

speaking of boys, she was feeling very uneasy about meeting the rest of the guys. sure, she grew up with the hughes brothers, but she's known them since she was six. the four of them never had any real problems and all treated her like a sister, especially quinn. he was the protective older brother she never had and for that she was thankful.

tori was snapped out of her thoughts when she realized they had reached the car. she helped ellen put her luggage in the trunk. the whole time, she couldn't stop thinking about her arrival to the house. although tori was extremely excited, she was also nervous. she did a terrible job of hiding it as well. ellen could sense the girl's nervousness from a mile away.

"sweetie, there is no reason to be nervous. yes, these boys can be stupid and a bit much at times, but i promise you they are great guys!" ellen reassured her and continued, "plus, if you have any problems with them, you know jim and i have no issues punishing them." tori cracked a smile.

the whole car ride the pair caught up. it had been several years since victoria had visited the hughes family. as expected, there was a lot that had happened since then. for instance, last time ellen had seen her, she was still in high school. now, she's a twenty-one-year-old who is enrolled at college. ellen caught her up on the boys and how they were doing in hockey.

before she knew it, they were pulling into the driveway. immediately, her stomach was overcome by nerves. that didn't last too long though. the moment she saw a boy running out of the house to meet her, a wave of relief hit her. 

quinn ran out of the house and picked tori up, giving her a nice twirl in the air. "i've missed you so much!" he exclaimed.

tori grinned, "i've missed you too, quinn! i've missed you too!" maybe this summer wouldn't be so bad after all. at the very least, she knew she could count on quinn.

ellen watched her son and unbiological daughter and chuckled. she began to wonder where the rest of them were since she thought they would all be rushing out to meet tori. "where are the rest of the boys, quinn?" his mother asked him.

quinn responded, "i think they went to the beach because they were getting impatient. luke is here though." and with that, tori walked up to the house with quinn and ellen. she would settle in before the chaos was to begin.