chapter 16

a week had passed since the group went golfing and tori and trevor were hanging out and texting more than ever. this did not go unnoticed by the rest of the group. it was to the point that even quinn had accepted the fact that something between trevor and tori was bound to happen. with that said, he still wasn't a huge fan of them potentially being together, but he was warming up to the idea of it.

the boys, with the exclusion of luke because he was never paying attention when they talked, had agreed to get down to the bottom of this. it was agreed that quinn and cole would talk with tori while jack and alex would take care of trevor. the plan was that they would go into their groups tonight while everyone was getting ready for bed. another reason why luke was not included; he went to bed earlier than everyone else.

tori had already gone up to her room after she realized she was far too tired to keep hanging out with the boys. she was also growing bored of watching them play video games. she had already changed and made herself cozy when she heard a knock at her door. tori turned on the lamp next to her bed and yelled, "come in!"

one by one, the two boys entered tori's room. tori looked at them with a confused expression on her face. cole and quinn stood there with serious faces, making tori all the more concerned.

"okay, you guys are starting to freak me out! am i about to have an intervention or something?" tori asked. cole and quinn looked at each other before busting out into laughter. they couldn't hold a straight face, cole especially.

quinn spoke up and said, "no, we just want to have a little chat." cole nodded to confirm. they both then went to sit on the edge of tori's bed.

"okay, about what?" tori asked while sitting up, so that they would have more room.

this time around, cole answered, "mr. trevor zegras."

tori was becoming suspicious and narrowed her eyes while questioning, "what about trevor?" she had no idea where this was going to go and she did not want to find out.

"you know, we just wanted to know your thoughts, feelings, and opinions on the guy," quinn emphasized the feelings part.

"we're just a little curious," cole added.

tori got nervous and looked at her hands when she started talking. she said to them, "trevor is a great funny guy! i like spending time with him just like how i like spending time with the two of you!"

cole and quinn were not convinced at all. they raised their eyebrows and gave her a "really" look. when she realized that they weren't buying her act, she confessed, "okay, fine! i think he's cute! is that what you want to hear?"

cole piped up, "i mean i would have appreciated more, but that's a good starting place." he then shrugged.

"i, on the other hand, am not sure how much i would like to hear," quinn blankly stated.

tori couldn't lie that over the past week she got really close with trevor. they were talking all the time and stealing quick glances. she really didn't think it was going to go anywhere though. tori just assumed trevor was really flirty, especially since she's the only girl there.

"why are you guys asking me about him in the first place?" she crossed her arms. 

cole and quinn looked at each other, trying to figure out how to respond. they had not fully thought this plan through. tori just stared at them, waiting for them. several minutes had passed and nothing had been said yet. eventually, quinn elbowed cole to talk.  

"quinn, what the hell man!" cole shouted, rubbing his side. "anyways, we just kinda noticed that you guys were getting pretty close and wanted to know if anything was going on," cole continued.

tori knew she could trust quinn and cole. quinn has been there for her through everything and cole had become a good friend. she just didn't want to confess any feelings if they weren't going to be reciprocated. tori didn't want to face rejection. she had been on the other side of the situation and that still hurt her. 

tori sighed, "i think i like him." she was the cut off by two gasps which was followed by quinn and cole fist bumping. she rolled her eyes and she continued, "but i don't want to get hurt or hurt him." quinn's eyes immediately softened. he knew exactly what she was referring to. 

"tori, i really don't think trevor is going to reject you by any means. and this isn't going to end up like it did between you and jack. even so, you and jack are fine now," quinn told tori.

cole's eyes darted between quinn and tori. he was clearly out of the loop. he knew something happened between jack and tori, but never got the specifics. cole raised his hand and asked, "am i allowed to know what happened between you and jack or is that top secret?" 

tori nodded to quinn and he explained, "jack liked tori for the longest time when we all grew up together. tori did not like jack like that, so when he asked her out when he was fifteen and got rejected, it didn't end well for him. he was heartbroken and wouldn't talk to her for well over a month. eventually, he got over it, but it was a rough patch in their relationship. it's not something either one like bring up."

tori added, "it took a toll on me too because jack was my best friend and stopped talking to me. after seeing what it did to him, i didn't want to go through that or put someone through that again." 

cole nodded his head and said, "thank you for telling me that. i won't bring it up to jack. i will say though, if my suspicions are correct, i don't think that would even be issue. am i right, quinn?" quinn agreed.

tori's head was spinning. she needed to process everything that was just said. maybe she could think about it in the morning. "well, i need to sleep on this, but i will see you guys in the morning."

they all wished each other goodnight and cole and quinn left her room. tori turned off her lamp and laid on her back. she stared at the ceiling until she was able to fall asleep.