chapter 13

the next morning, tori woke up to a guy leaning over her. it took her a second to figure out who it was since she didn't have her contacts in. "what the hell, quinn!" tori exclaimed while shoving him.

"we're leaving soon, so you need to get ready," quinn stated.

tori rubbed her eyes, still trying to wake herself up and asked, "what do you mean we're leaving soon? where are we going?"

"we're going golfing," quinn replied while throwing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt at tori, smacking her right in the face.

"two things. one, that actually hurt, so fuck you. secondly, i hate golf and you know that," tori glared.

quinn rolled his eyes and said, "don't worry, i've already negotiated a deal so that you're driving a golf cart. you can stay in the shade the whole time and you won't embarrass yourself by playing."

tori narrowed her eyes at quinn. he gave her a huge smile. he knew that she would say yes. she sighed, "okay, fine. who am i driving?"

"you're driving jack. now go get changed so we can leave," quinn left the room and closed her door. she didn't even get the chance to respond.

tori looked at the clothes that quinn threw at her and decided they were good enough to wear. she quickly changed and put in her contacts. she grabbed a sweatshirt on her way out just in case it got chilly. tori rushed down the stairs to see all the boys waiting for her.

"took you long enough," luke said as she walked towards the group. she stuck her tongue out at luke and stood by cole and quinn.

then, jack clapped his hands and announced, "now that everyone is here, let's head out!"

the seven of them piled into two cars, one being driven by quinn and the other being driven by jack. tori ended up in a car with luke and quinn while the other three were with jack. the country club wasn't too far away, so the drive was short. tori was thankful for that because she was stuck listening to quinn's music since he wouldn't let her have the aux.

quinn made a left into the country club with jack right behind him. they all got out of the car and were splitting up into their pairs with the exception of a group of three. tori immediately made a b-line towards jack. he stopped her and she looked at him confused.

"i know quinn told you that you were going to drive you, but i forgot that i promised cole and alex that i would golf with them," jack smiled. it was not his usual smile, but one that was up to no good.

tori questioned, "okay, so who am i driving then?" she then saw quinn and luke heading towards a golf cart. she already knew the answer before jack had to tell her.

"you'll be with trevor. have fun!" jack quickly said, jumping into the golf cart with cole and alex. cole waved at her while alex started making kissy faces. she waved back to cole and rolled her eyes at alex.

"i guess you're stuck driving me," trevor scratched the back of his neck as he stood next to tori.

tori replied, "yep. might as well start driving, so we catch up with the rest of them." the two walked to the golf cart and drove to the first hole.

the drive was pretty silent. tori didn't know what to say to trevor. trevor, on the other hand, had so many things he wanted to say and ask, but didn't know where to start.

trevor cleared his throat, "i just wanted to say i'm sorry that you're stuck with me. i'm sure you'd rather be jack. i also want to clarify that i had nothing to do with the switch."

tori looked over at trevor and replied, "you don't need to apologize. i'm perfectly fine being with you. i was just a little confused with the switch, but i'm glad that i'm actually paired with you."

trevor smirked and asked, "and why is that?"

"don't get too cocky, zegras. i will push you out of the golf cart," tori joked.

trevor teased back, "oh, we're on a last name basis now. okay, monroe, answer my question."

tori stopped the cart at the first hole and turned to look at him. she suddenly got nervous. she hesitantly said to him, "because i think we're going to spending a lot of time together this summer!"

that was all trevor needed to hear before he started his swing. with those words replaying in his mind, that was the best golf he had ever played. the two continued to joke in between each hole and it was easy to say the two became quiet close that day.