chapter 43

tori woke up the next morning still slightly hungover. she had no idea how she ended up back in bed. she was trying to backtrack her night. tori was well aware she had too much to drink so quinn and trevor made her go home. tori knew she had been in the car with quinn, cole, and trevor. she remembered playing taylor swift too. and then everything hit her like a pile of bricks. tori had told trevor that she loved him while drunk.

"you've got to be shitting me, tori! why would you say that?" tori whisper yelled while slapping her forehead.

it wasn't like what she said wasn't true. the fact of the matter was that trevor did not say it back and she said it while not all mentally there. tori was embarrassed. she had wished that was not how she said her first 'i love you' to trevor. she would have rather it been when had a sound mind. at least taylor swift was playing when she said it. that was the only positive thing she could come up with.

tori rolled over so her face was in her pillow. not only was she now upset with herself but she did not want to get up and leave. she loved toronto but knew she was going to miss everyone in this house. tori had been reunited with her second family and meet some new friends along the way.

"get your ass up sleepyhead!" alex interrupted her thoughts as he slammed the door open.

the girl groaned, "fuck you, alex!"

"whoa! trevor, your girlfriend wants to fuck me!" alex yelled down the stairs.

tori could hear trevor shout back, "no she did not! leave my girlfriend alone!"

luke entered the room with an apologetic face. he scowled at alex who quickly got the hint to leave. "i told him not to come in and bother you, but clearly he had an idea of his own," luke stated.

"it's fine," tori waved the whole thing off. she sat up in her bed and stared at the comforter. she continued, "i had to get up soon anyways."

"okay and by the way, trevor is driving you to the airport, so you have to say bye to the rest of us before you leave," luke told the girl before leaving her to get ready.

the youngest hughes shut the door right as tori decided it was time to get up. she quickly got changed into the clothes she had set aside. tori tried livening herself up by splashing water on her face. unfortunately, she still looked like a dead zombie. the brunette sighed and accepted defeat.

when tori made it downstairs, the guys were all in shock to see tori in the condition she was in. jack laughed, "it looks like someone had fun last night!" tori sent him daggers. if looks could kill, jack would be six feet under.

"i was perfectly content with staying in and watching a movie last night, but no, someone had to suggest to go out last night to a club," tori specifically said to turcs.

alex put his hands up in surrender, "my apologies, your royal highness."

"okay everyone, let's act happy and not ruin the last moments we have with tori," cole stepped in, really not wanting to deal with a fight first thing in the morning. 

tori mouthed 'thank you' to cole to which he sent her a thumbs up. cole had really become her best friend during this trip. she was going to be sad leaving him as well as everyone else. she was really just hoping things wouldn't be awkward between her and trevor when she left.

"speaking of tori leaving, we have about 20 minutes with her before trevor takes her to the airport," quinn announced. 

tori and trevor locked eyes and she could immediately tell there was some tension. she already knew it was going to be a long day. of course, quinn and cole noticed something was in the air and pulled tori aside.

as they were pulling tori into a separate room, luke yelled, "hey! don't take her away from us!" the rest of the boys shouted in agreement with the youngest hughes. quinn waved them off and said, "this will only take a second!"

"okay, what is going on between you and trevor?" cole cut straight to the chase when they were away from the rest of the group. 

the brunette sighed, "i told trevor i loved him when i was drunk and he didn't say it back. i would really rather not talk about it." before cole and quinn even had the chance to say anything, she already walked out and back to the rest of the guys. 

cole and quinn stood there in a silence for a brief moment in shock before rejoining the group. they knew better than to meddle in the couple's business, but they both would love to be a fly on the wall during their car ride. they both agreed to ask the couple about the situation later. 

before tori knew it, it was time for her to leave. this of course meant that her and trevor would be alone in a car, most likely in dead silence since they had not spoken a word to one another. she tried shaking the thought away as she said goodbye to each boy and each hughes parent. 

"i'm going to miss you guys so much!" she started to tear up. this resulted in a group hug that ellen could not help but take a picture of.

jim interrupted, "i hate to break this up, but tori you need to leave or you're going to miss your flight." 

everyone pulled away and tori and trevor headed towards the car. the girl continued to wave goodbye to everyone until trevor had successfully left the hughes property. not a single word had been muttered. to fill the silence, trevor turned the radio on. tori didn't even have it in her to pay attention to what song was playing. instead, she stared out the window and let her thoughts consume her mind. 

she was so zoned out that she hadn't even realized that they had arrived to the airport. trevor snapped her back to reality, "tori, we're here." the girl whipped her head around to face him. 

"thanks," tori softly said. she just wanted to get out as soon as possible. the awkwardness was killing her. 

she started to open the door to grab her belongings to leave when trevor stopped her. "wait," trevor sighed. the brunette stopped and closed the door. he continued, "i wrote you something and i don't want you to open it until you get home. just don't do it in front of me." 

trevor handed tori an envelope with her name on it. tori looked at it with a confused expression. why did he write her a letter? was he breaking up with her through a letter? that would be a new low in her life. 

"okay, i'll read it later. was that it?" tori asked. it looked like trevor had more he wanted to say. 

her boyfriend paused and shook his head, "no, not right now. just text me when you land, so i know you got in safe."

with that, trevor and tori both got out of the car. trevor grabbed her luggage and handed it to the girl. tori was about to leave when trevor grabbed her hand. he immediately pulled her into a hug and leaned down to kiss her.

when their lips departed, trevor said, "i'm going to miss you!" 

"i'm gonna miss you too!" tori smiled, but it was a sad smile. her gut was telling her something that she didn't want to come true. 

tori didn't want to leave, but she knew she had to. she walked away from trevor into the airport. in that moment, she really thought that was going to be the last time she would ever kiss her boyfriend again. in her heart, she truly felt like that was their last goodbye. a single tear rolled down her cheek as she thought about what was in that letter.