Chapter 2: 10 Years Later...

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

10 YEARS LATER...

Elizabeth's eyes snapped open, and she sat up in bed. She breathed heavily, recovering from the dream she had just had about the day she met Will.

She slowly got out of bed, and went over to her desk. She opened a drawer and revealed a secret compartment that contained the gold coin she had taken from Will all those years ago. She examined it for a moment, and put it around her neck.

As she was looking at her reflection in the mirror, a knock sounded on her door.

"Elizabeth? Elizabeth?"

It was her father. She quickly pulled on her robe and tucked the necklace into her nightgown.

"Are you decent?" Her father called.

"Yes! Yes!" She called back.

Her father opened the door and entered her room followed by (Y/n) and some maids. Governor Swann had been generous enough to let (Y/n) stay in his house and work as Elizabeth's caretaker for a few years, until Elizabeth grew too old for one. Now, she was more like a family friend, but still had to do housework.

"Oh, still abed at this hour? It's a beautiful day." Elizabeth's father commented.

The maids pushed the curtains open to let in the sunlight and opened the windows.

"I have a gift for you." Her father announced. He turned to a maid that was holding a box, and lifted the lid to reveal a beautiful gown.

Elizabeth gasped and picked it up. "Oh, it's beautiful."

"Isn't it?"

"May I inquire as to the occasion?" Elizabeth asked.

"Does a father need an occasion to dote upon his daughter? Go on."

Elizabeth turned and walked to her changing screen and (Y/n) and the maids followed to help her into the dress.

"Actually I...um...I had hoped you might wear it for the ceremony today." The Governor said.

"The ceremony?"

"Captain Norrington's promotion ceremony." The Governor specified.

Elizabeth poked her head out from behind the screen in disbelief. "I knew it."

"Commodore Norrington, as he's about to become. Fine gentlemen don't you think? He fancies you, you know?"

Elizabeth suddenly gasped loudly from how tight her corset was becoming. (Y/n) gave her an apologetic look.

"Elizabeth? How's it coming?"

"It's difficult to say."

"I'm told it's the latest fashion in London."

"Well, women in London must've learned not to breathe!" Elizabeth retorted, as she continued to gasp in pain.

"Don't worry Lizzie. You only have to wear it for the ceremony. After it's over, I promise I'll rush you right back home and we'll get you out of it." (Y/n) reassured her.