Chapter 4: Arrested

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack peeked out from behind a statue as he watched some soldiers trot past his hiding spot. Once they were gone, he slipped out and entered the blacksmith.

Jack immediately set his hat down on an anvil and picked up a hammer to use to break his chains. Before he could do that, he was startled by the sound of a bottle falling to the ground. He turned and saw the shop owner Mr. Brown passed out in a chair.

Jack slowly crept towards the man and poked him to make sure he was asleep, and even let out a loud yell. Still, he continued to snore.

Jack hammered his chains in hopes of breaking them, but wasn't having any luck. He furiously tugged at the chains in anger and frustration, but they wouldn't budge.

"Need some help?" A voice asked.

Jack jumped and turned towards the voice and pointed the hammer at the mysterious figure like a sword.

"Who's there? Show yourself." Jack demanded.

"As you wish, Captain." The voice teasingly replied.

(Y/n) stepped out of the shadows so Jack could fully see her, and he lowered the hammer.

"(Y/n)."

"Hello Jack." She greeted.

"It really is you."

"Yes it is. How on Earth are you alive? I thought you were dead." She confessed.

Jack gave her his signature smirk. "Love, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. It'll take a lot more to kill me."

(Y/n) smiled a little. "Of course."

"Now, my question to you is, how did you end up looking like that?" Jack gestured to the nice looking dress and heels she was wearing. "Because I must tell you darling that this look does not work for you at all. You should definitely take that dress off. Right now." Jack said, eagerly hoping that she'd do it.

(Y/n) scoffed and rolled her eyes, placing her hands on her hips. "You haven't changed a bit, Jack."

"Implying the need?"

"Possibly." She joked. She then looked down at his still chained hands. "Come here. I'll help you get those chains off."

"And how are you going to do that love?" Jack asked curiously.

(Y/n) gestured to a machine with a bunch of cogs that was operated by a donkey. "Place the chains on that cog, and I'll get the donkey moving."

Jack did what she said, and (Y/n) lightly hit the donkey's rump to get it moving, which turned the cogs, and broke Jack's chains.

He grinned widely at his now free hands. "Much obliged darling. Now come come. We haven't got much time."

Jack grabbed her wrist and started walking towards the exit.

(Y/n) furrowed her brows in confusion. "Wait, what? What do you mean 'we?'"

Now it was Jack's turn to look confused. "I mean 'we' as in you and me. You can join me crew again, and we can get back to sailing across the seas and pillaging, plundering, and pilfering our weaselly black guts out. Savvy?"