Chapter 7: Tortuga

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

(Y/n) stood at the front of the ship letting the wind blow through her hair. She closed her eyes and took in the smell of the sea, and the water being sprayed on her face. It had been years since she had been on a ship, as she had forgotten how free it made her feel.

A small smile made its way onto her lips, as she gazed at the horizon ahead of her.

"I saw that."

(Y/n) turned and saw Jack staring at her with smug smile on his face.

"Saw what?"

"That little smile. You missed this, I can tell." Jack accused.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on. It's just you and good ol' Jackie. You can tell me. I won't tell anyone." He whispered teasingly.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Captain." She causally replied, before turning and walking over to the main deck.

Jack quickly scurried after her, wanting to talk to her more, but Will started speaking before he could.

"When I was a lad living in England, my mother raised me by herself. After she died, I came out here, looking for my father." Will told Jack.

He was a bit annoyed at being interrupted. "Is that so?" He said as he climbed up to the steering wheel.

Will followed Jack up the stairs. "My father, Bill Turner? It was only after you learned my name that you agreed to help. Since that's what I wanted, I didn't press the matter. I'm not a simpleton Jack. You knew my father."

Jack sighed and turned to face Will. "I knew him. Probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else just called him 'Bootstrap' or 'Bootstrap Bill.'"

Will furrowed his brows. "Bootstrap?"

"Good man. Good pirate. I swear you look just like him." Jack said.

Will became defensive at Jack's accusation. "It's not true. He was a merchant sailor. A good, respectable man who obeyed the law!" Will insisted.

Jack rolled his eyes. "He was a bloody pirate, a scallywag."

"My father was not a pirate!" Will yelled.

"Woah, Woah. What's going on here?" (Y/n) asked, as she climbed up the stairs.

"Young Mr. Turner doesn't want to believe that his father was a pirate. Like us." Jack explained.

"(Y/n) is not a pirate either!" Will insisted.

Jack looked to (Y/n) with raised eyebrows. "You mean, you didn't tell him?"

Will now looked to (Y/n) as well, looking very confused.

"Well...technically I'm not a pirate...anymore..." she explained nervously.

Will looked very surprised. "You...you were a pirate? Is that why you two seem to know each other?" He asked.

"Oh yes. Little miss (Y/n) here..."Jack wrapped an arm around (Y/n)'s shoulders. "...used to be part of me crew, along with your father."