Chapter 9: Rescue Mission

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack, Will and (Y/n) sat in a long boat and rowed into a dark tunnel that would lead to the treasure of Isla de Muerta.

Will looked around and noticed a skeleton lying on a rock nearby, and his eyes widened. "What code is Gibbs to keep to if the worst should happen?"

"Pirates Code." Jack explained. "Any man who falls behind..."

"...gets left behind." (Y/n) finished.

"No heroes amongst thieves, eh?" Will commented.

"You know, for having such a bleak outlook on pirates, you're well on your way to becoming one. Sprung a man from jail, commandeered a ship of the fleet, sailed with a buccaneer crew out of Tortuga..." Jack listed.

Will noticed some light shining in the water, and looked over the edge to see gold coins sitting underneath the water.

"...And you're completely obsessed with treasure."

The small boat hit sand and Will and Jack climbed out.

Jack turned around and extended his hand to (Y/n). "Milady."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, but smiled and accepted his hand, as she stepped out of the boat.

"That's not true. I am not obsessed with treasure." Will snapped defensively.

Jack lead Will and (Y/n) between some rocks that lead up to an opening in the wall where they could spy on the crew.

Jack then turned to Will. "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." He pointed out.

Will didn't miss Jack's eyes briefly glance over at (Y/n), who was too busy peeking through the opening to notice.

"Gentlemen, our time has come!" A voice yelled. "Our salvation is nigh!"

They heard the crew cheer, and Will climbed up next to Jack and (Y/n).

The crew of the Black Pearl were facing towards a pile of treasure that held a stone chest on top of it. Next to the chest stood a tall scruffy man with a monkey on his shoulder. He had a beard, long hair, bloodshot eyes, and a Captain's hat.

Behind the chest, stood Elizabeth, wearing a black and red dress, looking frightened, but otherwise she seemed to be unharmed.

"Our torment is near an end!" Barbossa yelled, and the crew cheered.

...

"For ten years we've been tested and tried, and each man here has proved his mettle a hundred times over and a hundred times again!"

The crew cheered again.

"Punished we were, the lot of us, disproportionate to our crime! Here it is."

Barbossa kicked the lid off the chest to reveal hundreds of gold coins, similar to the one Elizabeth had.

"The cursed treasure of Cortes himself. Every last piece that went astray, we have returned. Save for this!" He pointed at the coin around Elizabeth's neck.