Chapter 15: The End

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

The sound of drums beat loudly into the air of Port Royal as Jack stood on a raised platform with tied hands, and a noose hanging in front of him, a solemn and hopeless expression on his face.

An announcer held out a scroll and began to list off Jack's crimes. "Jack Sparrow, you have been charged..."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow."

"...tried and convicted for your willful commission of crime against the Crown."

...

Everyone was so busy watching Jack and listening to the announcer, nobody noticed the two figures weaving their way threw the crowd.

Will was wearing a red shirt and cape along with a get that had a large feather in it, while (Y/n) stood beside him in her pirate clothes with her hair shoved up under a hat.

Will looked over at Elizabeth, longing to go talk to her before he and (Y/n) enacted their plan.

"...said crimes being numerous in quantity, and sinister in nature."

"Go ahead." (Y/n) whispered.

Will turned to her with furrowed brows. "What? Are you sure? What if I don't have time—?"

"They're about to start listing off all of Jack's crimes. Trust me, you've got time." She reassured him.

Will smiled. "Thanks (Y/n)."

"The most egregious of these to be cited herewith: piracy, smuggling..."

...

Elizabeth stood by her father and Commodore Norrington, watching the execution.

Elizabeth looked at the scene with a frown and shook her head. "This is wrong." She whispered.

"Commodore Norrington is bound by the law, as are we all." Her father reminded her.

"...impersonating an officer of the Spanish Royal Navy, impersonating a cleric of the Church of England..."

Jack smiled and laughed at that one, before he turned and noticed how the executioner was looking at him. His smile fell, and he awkwardly turned away.

"...sailing under false colors, arson, looting, kidnapping, poaching, brigandage, pilfering, depravity, depredation and general lawlessness."

(Y/n) scanned the area for possible escape routes, but paused when she saw a familiar parrot sitting on a pole. She let out a small surprised gasp, and a smile crept onto her face.

"And for these crimes, you have been sentenced to, on this day, hung by the deck until dead. May God have mercy on your soul."

Will pushed though the crowd until he came in front of Elizabeth.

"Governor Swann, Commodore." Will greeted, before turned to Elizabeth. "Elizabeth. I should have told you every day from the moment I met you. I love you." He confessed.