Chapter 14: A Broken Curse

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Back at the cave, Jack was poking around at all the items, and examining them. Will and (Y/n) were held back by two pirates, and Barbossa and a few other members of his crew stood around the cave.

"I must admit Jack, I thought I had you all figured out. But it turns out you're a hard man to predict." Barbossa confessed.

Jack was admiring a gold statue when he turned to Barbossa. "Me? I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can trust to be dishonest. Honestly." Jack threw the statue aside. "It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid."

Jack then walked behind a pirate who was skipping stones and took his sword, kicking him into the water. He tossed the sword to Will, who caught it and elbow the pirate holding him.

(Y/n) turned and kicked the pirate holding her in the gut, sending him back, drawing her own sword, and began to fight another pirate who had charged at her.

Jack and Barbossa drew their swords and well and began fighting along the rocks that were in the water. Jack swung his sword and cut the feather on Barbossa's hat off.

"Ha-ha!" He laughed.

Barbossa snarled and charged forward. The two clashed their swords together and Barbossa glared at Jack.

"You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here, there be monsters!"

Barbossa knocked Jack back and he fell. Barbossa swung at him, but Jack was able to dodge. However, before he could stand back up, Barbossa kicked Jack in the face knocking him to the ground.

Barbossa tossed his sword aside. "You can't beat me, Jack."

As a response, Jack stood up and stabbed Barbossa in the gut.

Barbossa just mockingly rolled his eyes and sighed, before taking the sword out of his stomach and stabbing into Jack's chest.

...

(Y/n), who had just managed to shove a crew member into the water, looked over at Jack to check on him, and saw what Barbossa did.

"No!" She cried, raising a hand to her mouth. Tears started to flood her eyes, and she was about to start sobbing.

That is, until Jack stumbled back into the moonlight, showing him in skeletal form.

...

Barbossa furrowed his brows in confusion, as he watched Jack examine his bony hand.

"That's interesting." Jack commented. He lifted his other hand and twirled the coin he had stolen between his fingers as he looked at Barbossa. "Couldn't resist mate."

Barbossa growled, and picked up his sword again as Jack removed his from his chest, and the two began fighting again.

...

Once (Y/n) had recovered from her shock, and wiped the tears from her eyes, she was back in the fight with Will.

The two stood back to back fighting two pirates, and they both stepped to the side, causing the pirates to stab each other.