part 2

Akaia awoke with a throbbing headache. She groaned as she covered her eyes to stop the harsh light from making her headache worse.

The sounds of Neteyam's grunts of pain made her frantically sit up from the mat as she looked for her brother.

"Akaia is awake! Guys look Akaia is awake!" Tuk points at her before running and jumping into her arms.

"Hey Tuk." She said in a tired voice while stroking the girls hair. She looked up from Tuk and saw the rest of her family with looks of relief on their faces.

Kiri walked over towards Akaia with a smile on her face before joining in on the hug.

"We were worried about you sister, when I saw dad carry you in, I was terrified." Kiri said as she tucked her head into Akaia's neck.

"Shhh its okay im here now." She affirmed, squeezing the girls a little harder. Before looking to her brothers whose heads where bowed in shame and guilt.

"Get over here." She said while extending her arms towards her brothers. They both look at each other before walking over and joining in.

"Im sorry sis, I should of never went down there. I should of listened when you told me to leave." Lo'ak said as he gently embraces his sister trying not to hurt her.

"Its okay its all over now, I am just glad you are all okay." The siblings hug lasted awhile before her grandmother Mo'at walked over towards the group putting her hand on Akaia's shoulder.

"Okay everyone out I need to look after Akaia she hit her head very hard." Akaia watched with a giggle as her grandmother struggled to shoo her siblings away from her and out of the tent. She also watched as Spider left behind them, she hadn't even noticed he was in the tent.

Her grandmother took position behind her and began observing the wound on the back of her head. She could feel the cold ointment that slightly stung being rubbed into the wound.

"How is it doc?" she winced as her grandmother rolled her eyes.

"You will live, but you won't be able to ride your ikran for a week." Akaia's head snapped towards her grandmother.

"A week but i'm meant to patrol tomorrow with mum and dad!" She said with utter disbelief on her face. Her grandmother once again rolled her eyes and got up from behind her and walked over to her medical supplies.

"Yes, a week. You hit your head hard, I need to observe you, make sure that you are okay before letting you get on your ikran again." Her grandmother said while mixing herbs. Akaia groaned in annoyance as she stood up from the bed and observed her body. Smudged purple and black war paint decorated her body. She had picked the colours to match with Sar'zoo and the same colours appear on her arrows.

"Grandmother can I please go wash myself off, I feel disgusting." she said before reaching up and feeling her hair "And my hair is matted and ruined." she said with another whine escaping her mouth.

Her grandmother looked at her before nodding. "Take some one with you so you aren't alone and make sure you don't get your wound wet." Akaia smiled and thanked her grandmother before she began limping out of the tent.

"Wait Akaia!" Akaia stopped and faced her grandmother. "Meet me back here tomorrow so I can treat your wound." Akaia nodded before leaving the tent.

Her mother and Father were sitting outside.

"Hey mum, dad." She said as Neytiri turns around and immediately hugs her daughter. Jake lets out a sigh of relief before putting down the gun he was cleaning and joins in on the hug.

"Hey baby girl." He says as he pulls away from the hug while checking the wound on the back of her head. Neytiri also pulls away observing the girls body. Akaia felt awkward as both her parents observed her body for injuries.

"Guys i'm fine, i swear." she rolled her eyes as her mother circles her.

"People who are 'Fine' do not have giant wounds on they're heads. You scared us Kaia." Her mother said putting a hand up to her cheek.

"I know, i'm sorry ma." Her father took her hand as she turns her attention turns to her father.

"Go get cleaned up and get some rest, you look like you need it." He said with a slight smile. "I'll come talk to you tomorrow when you are well rested." Akaia nods at her father, as he returns to his partially cleaned gun. Akaia looks towards her mother.

"Come ill help you get cleaned, and re-braid your hair, it looks like a ikran nest." Her mother said with a giggle. Akaia rolled her eyes as she took her mothers hand as they walk together towards the bathing pools.

-

a/n

I love the way Akaia interacts with her family, they are all so cute :,)

Please dont be afraid to comment i would love to see what you guys think!

848 words