part 11

After the breathing lessons the group went for a swim on their Ilu's. Akaia swam ahead of her brother Neteyam as they chased each other through the water.

Akaia felt free. Free from her duties. Free from the sky people. Free from everything. All her life she had constantly been trying to prove herself to her family and most importantly her clan. The pressure of being the next leader of her clan was always something that was on her mind.

Everything she done was to appease the clan, to appease her father but now Akaia is free of those duties. Free of her responsibilities.

Akaia could live life like a normal teenager without the pressure of being the next Olo'eykte weighing on her mind.

Akaia noticed that the group had all began heading towards the surface so she followed behind them.

When she emerged from the water she noticed how the sun was setting in the sky.

"You are learning to breathe." Tsireya said proudly as she looked towards the Sully's.

"Come, lets return home it is getting dark." Roxto piped up as they all turned on their Ilu's and began to swim home.

————-

Akaia was exhausted by the time she eventually entered her family's marui. She sat down next to her mother who was descaling fish. Akaia grabbed out her knife as she reached towards a fish and began gutting it.

Neytiri looked over towards her eldest daughter with a thankful smile before returning to her own fish.

Soon enough the rest of the Sully family sauntered into their home. Jake walking in last observing his family making sure everyone was okay before sitting in front of his mate and eldest child who were now cooking the fish.

"How was your day Akaia." He asked the girl. She looked up towards her father with a shy smile on her face.

"It was good, Tsireya taught us how to control our breathing and Mak'korro taught me how to ride a Ilu." She said, her smiling widening as she mentioned Mak'korro's name.

Jake noticed Lo'ak roll his eyes at the mention of the Chiefs son. Jakes eyes narrow slightly as he looks toward his daughter.

"So Mak'korro? He's Tonowari's son, correct." Jake inquires with a gulp. He watches her face lights up once again with a smile, nodding at her father.

His worse fear had come true, his eldest daughter had a crush. Jake felt faint, he couldn't believe it. Back at the forest he was lucky, Akaia was always too preoccupied to pay attention to any of the boys.

Lo'ak groans before walking towards his sister and father. "You should of seen them dad, it was disgusting! They couldn't stop holding hands and giggling. Eugh! It almost made me sick." The boy gagged as he spoke to his now fear stricken father.

Akaia hissed loudly as she stood in front of her brother pushing him away from her. "Shut up Lo'ak. You wanna speak about disgusting? I almost vomit every time I see you drooling over Tsireya!" Lo'ak gasped at his sister as he pushed her back.

Tuk giggled at her two siblings as they began hissing at each other. Kiri rolled her eyes as she continued to braid her hair ignoring the dispute.

Neteyam scratched his head before jumping in and separating his two siblings. Jake sat in his spot shocked. He didn't know what to do as his children fought.

Neytiri laughed at her mates expression before standing up.

"Enough, Both of you!" She yelled towards the two. Both Lo'ak and Akaia stopped hissing, lowering their heads in shame.

"Akaia, come outside with me. Lo'ak, continue cooking the fish, Ma Jake you help him." The woman commanded as Lo'ak rolled his eyes and walked towards the fire. Jake scooted closer to the fire and began cooking the fish.

Akaia walked outside the marui alongside her mother, following her to the edge of the dock.
Neytiri sat down, patting the spot next to her for Akaia to sit down. The girl obeyed sitting next to her mother.

"So whats he like?" Neytiri questioned, watching as a blush appeared on her daughter's cheeks.

"Ma it's nothing, he's just a friend." She said, watching the water beneath her instead of her mother. Neytiri scoffed at the girl.

"A friend wouldn't have you blushing like that." Neytiri spoke bluntly.

Akaia turned and looked at her mother with a look of disbelief on her face. "I dunno, it's just a silly crush. I've only known him for a like a day!" She said as she tucked her face into her hands in embarrassment. "Lo'ak completely blew this out of proportion." The girl mumbled into her hands.

Her mother let out a gentle laugh at the girl before putting a hand on her back. "Don't be embarrassed Akaia, it is natural to have feelings like this. You are 18, I was the same age when I met your father." The woman said as she watched as her daughter lift her head up from her hands and making eye contact with her mother. "Your feelings towards the boy whether they are friendly or possibly even romantic, they matter and are nothing to be ashamed of." Neytiri smiled at her daughter before pulling her into a hug. The two embraced for a while before Akaia pulled away.

"He is really handsome mum. Like really handsome, I get butterfly's whenever I see him." The girl said with a shy smile.

Neytiri nudged her daughter with her shoulder, "Next time you see him point him out to me" The woman said as Akaia giggled.

"Oh you will know its him mum he is stunning, strong and muscular. Oh! he also has warrior tattoos across his chest-" The girl ranted on about the boy as Neytiri listened with a smile.

The woman loved motherhood and the pros and cons that come with it, as she sat watching her daughter rant about her first crush she couldn't help but feel emotional.

Her eldest daughter was growing up and she wasn't sure if she was ready to let her go.

———

a/n

just you wait jake, akaia holding hands is gonna be the last of ur problems bro 😉