part 19

Akaia was woken from her sleep by Tuk, who thought it would be fun to climb all over her.

The older girl groaned, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as Tuk layed across her stomach.

"Wake up Akaia!" She yelled at the girl, poking her in the ribs.

Akaia sighed before sitting up from her mat, making Tuk roll off her stomach to the ground.

The eight year old laughed in excitement, before jumping back onto her sisters lap.

"What time is it Tuk?" She said in a tired voice.

"Its morning." She replied with a goofy smile.

The eldest sister rolled her eyes at the vague answer before stretching her back.

"Can you carve me a new toy Akaia? Lo'ak broke mine." The younger girl said suddenly with a pout. Akaia stopped her stretching, looking down towards Tuk.

"Of course Tuk." She said, melting at her sisters puppy eyes.

Tuk squealed in excitement, "Can you make it now?" She begged looking up at her sister. Akaia rolled her eyes before ruffling her hair with a smile.

"Come on lets sit on the beach and make it." Tuk jumping up from Akaia's lap, running to get the rest of her toys

Akaia stands from her mat as she starts collecting all the things she will need.

————

After a few minutes the sisters begin their walk to the beach. Akaia spots a nice location under the shade of a tree. They both plop to the ground as they begin to set up, Tuk places all her current toys out in front of her while Akaia observes the chunk of wood she had in hand.

"What animal would you like." She questions looking towards Tuk.

The younger girl scratches her head as she thinks of what animal she wants next. Her eyes widened in excitement as she looks towards Akaia.

"Can you make me a Ilu please?" Akaia laughs at her sister excitement.

"Hmm a Ilu aye?"

"Yes please!" She said as she bounced up and down in her spot.

"I guess I can do that." She said as Tuk jumps to hug her.

"Thank you sissy." She said whispering in Akaia's ear. Akaia smiled as she returned the hug. The two sat like that for awhile before Tuk pulled away, looking behind Akaia with a smile.

Akaia frowned turning around to see what Tuk was looking at.

A smile spread on her face as she could see Mak'korro approaching them. The boy matched her smile before waving towards them both.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" He questions looking at them both.

"Akaia is carving me a new toy! She is making me a Ilu!" She said as she jumps up to her feet, grabbing Mak'korro's hand, "Come sit with us! I will show you my other toys."

The boy lets Tuk drag him to the ground, as he looks towards Akaia with a smile. The eldest sister mouths a apology to him as Tuk begins to show him each and everyone of her toys.

Akaia smiles sweetly at the way Mak'korro interacts with her little sister. He was so kind and patient asking her questions about some of the animals.

It made the girls heart melt.

She giggled quietly as Tuk begins to demonstrates every sound each animal makes.

Mak'korro's eyes flicker towards Akaia's as a smile appears on his face from hearing her giggles. He looks at Akaia longingly before Tuk quickly snaps him out of it, yelling at him to focus.

The butterflies in Akaia's stomach went crazy.

She watched as he apologised to Tuk for getting distracted. The girl felt her admiration for the boy grow even stronger.

He is so perfect.

———-

After some time Tuk had managed to talk Mak'korro into playing with her. Akaia insisted that he didn't have to, but he swore that he was more then happy to.

Akaia had completed the basic figure of the Ilu and was now adding the finer details. Her skilled hands worked away at the piece before her name was called.

Akaia looked up towards the beach were Neteyam and Lo'ak where standing, waving her over to them. She sighed excusing herself from Mak'korro and Tuk before walking over to them.

The older boy's eyes followed the girls movements as she walked towards her brothers.

"Do you love my sister?" His eyes widened as he looked towards Tuk whose arms were crossed across her chest.

"What?" He spluttered out, shocked by the question.

"Do you love her?" She repeated herself, staring down the older boy.

Mak'korro swallowed thickly not knowing how to respond.

"Its okay you can tell me, I wont tell anyone."

"You promise?" He said looking towards the younger girl.

"I promise."

Mak'korro sighed, his eyes flickered from Tuk to Akaia who was standing in the distance still talking to her brothers.

"I like your sister a lot Tuk." He admitted as he watched Akaia with a smile.

"But do you love her?"

The boy looked back towards Tuk, who stared at him waiting for the answer.

The little girl sighed at his silence, before speaking once again. "You look at her the same way my dad looks at my mum, like you are in love." She said dusting the sand off her leg.

Mak'korro was speechless. He couldn't believe he was getting asked questions about his love life by a eight year old.

She was right though.

Mak'korro was in love.

He loved everything about Akaia. She was everything to him, she consumed his thoughts daily. He found himself excited to wake up in the morning just to see her. He treasured every single interaction they had, big or small.

The boy exhaled, "You are right Tuk. I love your sister, a lot. But you can't tell anyone okay?" He said looking towards the girl with a grin.

Tuk looks at him with a wide smile. "I knew it! I promise I wont tell anyone, but I will let you in on something." She said as she beings whispering. Mak'korro looks at her with confusion as she gestures for the boy to lean closer to her.

"I think Akaia loves you too." She whispered into his ear, making the boys eyes widen.

"What makes you think that, little one?"

Tuk grins as she looks towards Akaia before looking back towards him.

"Because she looks at you the same way mum looks at dad."

————

a/n

tuk trying to set them up fr ☠️☠️

how are we all feeling from mak'korro's confession? dat boy is down BAD.