part 17

Akaia watched as Mak'korro summoned a Ilu towards them. He hopped onto to it, extending his hand towards Akaia.

"Its okay I can get my own Ilu." She said waving him off.

Mak'korro rolled his eyes at the girl, "Why do that when you can just come with me." He questioned sending her a charming smirk once again.

It was now Akaia's turn to roll her eyes as she walked towards the boy on the Ilu.

She graciously took his hand as she lifted herself onto the creature, shuffling slightly to get comfortable. When she was comfortable she hooked her arms around him, her torso becoming flush on his back.

Mak'korro swallowed thickly as a blush quickly found its way onto his cheeks as inappropriate thoughts quickly spread through his mind.

"Im ready when you are." She spoke, bringing him back to reality. The boy cursed his mind before grabbing a hold of her thigh that was positioned next to him.

"Okay hold on." He said as the girl tightened her hold on his waist.

Oh Eywa have mercy, he prayed before lowering them into the water.

Mak'korro had planned to take her to a place he had discovered while exploring with his siblings a few years ago.

It was a uninhabited island just past the reef. The place was beautiful, but what made it so special was the large waterfall it harboured.

Mak'korro had often made the journey to this island by himself in the past few years since he had found it. Using it as his safe place, somewhere that he can get away from his duties and just relax. He didn't mind sharing this place with Akaia, in fact he was more then happy to.

After a while they approached the island. Mak'korro was giddy with excitement as he disconnected his queue and jumped off the creature extending his hand once again to Akaia.

Akaia smiled taking his hand, allowing him to help her off the Ilu. She watched as the Ilu swam away into the waves as Mak'korro began dragging her out of the water. She laughed at the boy's excitement.

"Come on Akaia, trust me this will be fun." He said as he pulled her into the forest. She rolled her eyes as she began to pick up her pace, matching his speed.

They both manoeuvred their way through the trees with a skip in their step. Akaia's ears began to twitch as she could her a thunderous rush of water up ahead. She slowed cautiously looking towards Mak'korro who stopped just ahead of her with a wide smile on his face.

"Come." He said nodding his head in the direction of the sound, squeezing her hand reassuringly.

She started to walk again as they emerged from the bushes together. Her eyes went wide as she observed what was in front of her. It was a large powerful waterfall which was surrounded by a huge body of crystal clear water. The sun peaked through the canopy of trees reflecting off the waterfall making it look beautiful.

The girl smiled at the beautiful scenery in front of her. Mak'korro watched Akaia's face as it shone with excitement that matched his own. He was in a trance looking at her, forgetting that the waterfall was even there, yes it was a beautiful sight but she was just so breathing taking.

Mak'korro believed that he must of pleased the great mother somehow for him to be blessed with her presence. She was truly ethereal.

Akaia turned to face the boy, who already had his eyes on her.

"You okay?" She said, squeezing his hand taking him out of his trance.

The boy cleared his throat, "Sorry, just caught up in my thoughts." he apologised as she looked at him with a smile before pulling him closer to the water. The boy smirked at her as she began to step into the crystal clear water, stilling holding his hand. He followed after her of course, he would let her take him anywhere.