part 9

"Okay Sully's fall in." Jake begins as he walks into the Marui.

"Remember? Family meeting." Neteyam says as he grabs Lo'ak and drags him to the ground. Akaia rolls her eyes at the boys before crouching besides Tuk.

"Come on, take a knee let's go." Jake rushes the family.

"Kiri." Neytiri hisses at the sulking girl as she reluctantly sits next to her mother.

"I need you kids on your best behaviour. I mean it. Learn fast, pull your weight," The man says as he looks towards his youngest son. "Dont cause trouble, got it?" Lo'ak nods at his father as Neteyam grabs his shoulder with a teasing smile. Lo'ak quietly hisses at his older brother before shrugging his hand off his shoulder.

Akaia's ear twitches as she hears a sniffle besides her.

"I wanna go home." Tuk cries.

Akaia frowns at the sight of her baby sister crying. She gently grabs the girl and pulls her into a strong embrace.

"Oh, Tuk..." Neytiri winces as she looks her  child.

Jake exhales before speaking, "Tuk, this is our home now. We're gonna get through this. We're gonna get through this if we have each others backs, right?" He said before looking towards all of his children.

Akaia sighs quietly as she wipes away the tears from Tuks delicate face.

"What does your father always say?" Neytiri questions.

Neteyam, Lo'ak and Akaia quietly mumble the saying. "Sully's stick together."

"That's right, Sully's stick together. This time with some feeling." He said urging his children to say it again.

They all repeat the phrase slightly louder then before.

"Okay dismissed." Jake sighed before standing up from the circle.

Akaia stands, watching as her siblings leave the marui. She goes to follow after them but stops when Jake grabs her wrist.

"Akaia, I need you to look after your siblings. Watch them, make sure they don't get in trouble." Jake said looking into his daughters eyes.

Akaia nods at her father. The man smiles before putting his hand on her cheek.

"I can always count on you my girl." He said.

Akaia smiles at her father before leaving the mauri.

—————

Akaia and her siblings meet up with Tisreya, Ao'nung and Roxto on the dock outside her family mauri. To her disappointment Mak'korro wasn't there.

After polite introductions the 3 Metkayina teenagers dived off the dock and into the water swimming gracefully.

Neteyam and Lo'ak shared a glance before running and jumping into the water haphazardly. Akaia giggled at her two brothers before she looked towards her two sisters.

"Your turn." She winked to Tuk and Kiri as they screamed as they jumped into the water. The girl observed her siblings, laughing at their horrendous swimming.

"Are you too scared to jump?." A masculine voice questioned from behind her.

Akaia looked towards the voice. The girl tried to keep a calm facade as her eyes met a certain ocean blue pair.

"Im not scared of anything." She said rolling her eyes at Mak'korro as a slight blush begins to tint her cheeks.

"Come on sis!" Tuks high pitched voice made the older girl look towards the water and away from the male.