part 16

It had been a few days since the incident with Lo'ak, and Akaia had been glued to her siblings. She hadn't left their home besides from getting her sleeping medication from Ronal, which had really helped her.

She also hasn't seen Mak'korro in the past few days, and honestly she was missing his presence more then anything right now. She has never been affected by a person this much before. Akaia was normally quite a independent person especially was she was back at the forest, but now her mind was constantly occupied with him.

The girl was currently re-braiding Neteyam's hair, skilfully platting the long strands. Kiri sat in front of them creating what looked to be a top.

Akaia looked to the balcony of the marui watching as Lo'ak played with Tuk. She smiled as she watched them before continuing to braid her brothers hair.

"So Akaia..." Kiri said at out nowhere, looking towards her eldest sister. Akaia and Neteyam both looked towards Kiri. "Whats going on with you and the chiefs son?" Akaia froze as Neteyam began groaning.

"Come on Kiri I don't want to hear about Akaia's love life." He whined, covering his ears, making both the girls roll their eyes.

"Well go away then, I want to talk about it." Kiri snapped at him making a shooing gesture.

"Fine, can you finish my hair after?" The boy said looking towards his sister. The girl laughed at her brother before nodding, he smiled at her as he began walking towards Tuk and Lo'ak.

She looked towards Kiri who had mischievous look on her face.

"So whats going on between you and Mak'korro?" The younger girl questioned looking towards her eldest sibling.

Akaia's eyes fell to her crossed legs as blush tinted her cheeks.

"I like him a lot Kiri." The girl admitted. Kiri laughed at her eldest sister.

"I can see that silly, but what is going on? I saw the way he was holding your hand the other day."

Akaia bit her lip, "He always holds my hands, like every time we are together."

"Well he must like you!" Kiri says with a big smile, pushing her sisters shoulders in a playful manner.

Akaia laughed at her sister's antics, "I think he's just trying to be friendly, it doesn't mean he likes me." She said in denial as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Oh come on Akaia, teenage boys don't just grab girls hands for fun! He does it because he likes you. Plus, i've seen the way he looks at you. He definitely likes you." Akaia looked down towards her fidgeting fingers. Does he like her?

"I dunno Kiri, hes the next Olo'eyktan. Im sure his parents wouldn't want him with someone like me."

"Someone like you?" Kiri questioned frowning.

The older girl sighed as she looked towards her sister.

"I sure they want him with some Metkayina girl."

Kiri reached out and grabbed Akaia's hand, "It doesn't matter what his parents want sister. If he loves you, he will fight for you. Like mum and dad, they fought for each other." Kiri paused, a small grin finding its way onto her face, "He would be a fool not to like you Akaia, you are literally the epitome of beautiful. You are also a talented warrior which im sure is something he finds very attractive," Akaia rolled her eyes as Kiri squeezes her hand once again, "You are also one of the most caring and selfless people I know. You fight for our family constantly, even putting your life on the line for us. Our whole family would be lost without you Akaia. You are the glue keeping us all together, no matter how rough things get. He would be absolutely mental not to like you."

Tears gather in both the girls eyes as Akaia reaches out and embraces her sister. Kiri hold her sister tightly tucking her head into her neck.

"Thank you Kiri, I love you." Akaia whispers before kissing the girls head. The sisters embrace for a while longer before a knock at the entrance of their home. The girls pull apart look towards the door way. Her eyes widened in shock to find Mak'korro standing there, his eyes already on her.

Kiri smirked as she watched the two look at each other.

She could also see that Neteyam and Lo'ak were now looking over from the balcony glaring at the boy.

"Hey, I was just wondering if i could borrow Akaia from you for a bit?" He asked looking towards Kiri. The younger girl smiled before nudging her sister.

"Of course she's all yours." Akaia rolled her eyes at Kiri, before standing from the floor and walking towards the boy who immediately extended his hand out to her. She could hear Kiri's giggle in the back as she entwined her hand with his.

Mak'korro laughed quietly at the embarrassed look on Akaia's face as they began to walk away from the home.

"So what is it that you wanted?" Akaia questioned politely looking towards their hands.

"Do I need to have a reason to see you?" He replied back making her face heat up almost instantaneously. She bit her lip to hide her smile from the boy as butterfly's gathered in her stomach.

He smiled at the girl's reaction, his eyes dropping toward her lips before flickering back to her eyes.

"Well what do you wanna do?" She said stopping in her steps looking up at his face, her face still tinted from her blush.

He stopped along side her turning to face the girl. She looked beautiful, as always. Mak'korro truly believed that she is one of the most beautiful girls he has ever seen. These last few days she had been constantly on his mind, his father had even pointed out to him how distracted he looked.

"Why don't we go for a little adventure." He suggested watching how a cheeky grin found its away onto her face.

"A adventure?" The girl questioned as he began to drag her towards the water.

"I think I know a place you will really like." He said turning around to face her with a charming smile.

"I dunno Mak'korro, Im a hard person to please." She teased, watching as the boy rolled his eyes.

"Trust me, I know you will like this."

————

a/n

they are so cute i can't, they literally make my heart melt.

fun fact, im so obsessed with fortnite right now its so embarrassing but i literally can't stop playing it 🫣🫢