part 5

After what felt like hours the sky had finally turned dark.

Akaia and her siblings were no longer kneeling on the ground. The avatars had ordered them to stand as the evac ships were soon to be arriving. Akaia's wrists were now bound together tightly.

Her mind was frantic. She can't allow these people to take her family. Akaia was thinking on overtime, trying to figure out a way to get herself but mainly her siblings out of this mess.

As she stared at the ground trying to think of ways to escape, a familiar sound rips her out of her thoughts.

Her mothers call echoed throughout the forest.

Her parents are here.

Akaia looks up towards her siblings who have all identified the sound. Lo'ak nods at her and spider as they all silently communicate with each other.

Akaia mentally prepares as she knows that at any second all hell could break loose.

Behind her she could hear Kiri's prayers. Akaia's ears twitch as she hears the avatar holding Kiri tell her to shut up. Kiri continues praying ignoring his warning.

Akaia trys to turn herself to face Kiri but the man behind her pulls on her queue telling her to behave. Akaia sighs before standing still once again.

Kiri's prayers get louder as Akaia mentally prays for Kiri to shut up and not get herself in trouble.

"I told you to shut up." She hears from behind her as Kiri grunts. All of a sudden the familiar sound of an arrow hitting flesh alerted everyone.

"Contact Made!" All avatars jumped into action pushing the children behind them. The Avatars shoot at the tree that her mother was behind.

The man who was holding Akaia let go of her as he ran to find cover from her mothers arrows. Akaia didn't miss a beat as she runs towards the body of the man who was holding Kiri, taking his knife.

Akaia looks up from the body as she cuts her restraints watching Tuk and Lo'ak sink their teeth into the arms of the avatars holding them.

Akaia felt something violently tug on her queue as she is pulled to the ground with a scream. She quickly manoeuvres her body and with her now free hands manages to slice the avatar holding her. The woman shrieks with pain as she lets go of the girls queue.

The teen works quickly as the avatar was distracted and skilfully tackling the woman to the ground before stabbing her directly in the heart. A quick death.

Akaia moves away from the body towards the cover of a tree. Her bare back presses against the rough bark as she tries to control her breathing. She reaches up and gently touches the back of her head feeling crusted blood from her wound. She hisses before glancing at her surroundings where she could see all the victims of her mother.

The sound of gunfire slowly faded out as the forest became silent. Was it all over? Akaia mentally questioned.

She grasped her knife tightly to her chest as she silently moves away from the tree trying to get a better view of the situation.

The girl slowly moves though out the forest before setting her sights upon the Colonel who was hidden behind a fallen tree.

The girl silently gasped before crouching behind a bush, hidden from his view.

She watched as the man reloaded his weapon before calling out to her mother.

"Is that you. Mrs Sully? I recognise your calling card." The colonel made hand gestures towards his surviving troops. The girl watched as the avatars start to fall out of position walking with guns raised towards the tree her mother was hiding in.