☆twenty three☆

the next morning, ellie woke up and joined kie and pope who were setting up the pulley system to retrieve gold.

shortly after, jj joined them outside but sat in the hot tub while the others did all of the work. "elaine, can you come help me grab the rest of the supplies from the truck?" pope asked.

el nodded following pope to the truck, he sat down on the bed of the truck and patted the spot beside him; el joined him, sighing deeply.

"so did you tell him?" pope asked.

"...not exactly" el stressed "he went on a rant about how he trusts that i don't like rafe and i've only used once... plus with his dad i just couldn't tell him"

"are you guys together?" pope looked at el.

"uh... i guess yeah" she nodded "i didn't know we were but he said we were and i'm not mad about it i just have a hard time committing"

"i don't think you should tell him" pope declared.

"really?" she asked "i just feel so sick"

"look, you guys weren't together when it happened and jj looks really happy today, we don't need him going awol again" pope reasoned.

"...i think you're right"

"i'm always right" pope smirked, wrapping his arm around her.

john b stormed onto the property "morning routledge" el greeted, getting no response from john b.

pope and ellie looked at each other concerned, and followed john b through the backyard and into the house; kie and jj joining.

john b began tearing the chateau apart "john b what are you doing?" el asked.

he went into the room that el normally stayed in and located her tote bag, pulling out the gun she had confiscated from jj.

"dude what do you need the gun for?" jj asked.

john b pushed passed both of the boys and got on jj's bike, he looked back at the pogues "ward found out about the gold, he killed my father" he said with a shaky voice before pulling off.

later that night. the pogues took pope's boat to watch over the cameron residence to see if john b was there; they were afraid that he was going to kill ward.

"i don't see john b" el looked closely at the house.

"great! so we can go" pope declared

"what? john b needs us!" kie scoffed

"i need to get home, my scholarship interview is tomorrow morning" pope said stressfully.

"john b may have been here but he's not anymore" el reasoned.

"i can't believe that i'm the only one who's taking this seriously" kie threw her hands in the air angrily.