☆twenty five☆

the pogues sat in el's moms car  in the police station parking lot, el took a drag off of a joint "you're sure it was rafe?" she asked solemnly from the drivers seat.

"yes ellie! rafe shot peterkin" john b exclaimed frustratedly "the dude's a psychopath"

el handed the joint to pope who was in the passenger side "okay... i'm sorry" she sounded defeated "im just having a hard time processing this, i just didn't think he would be capable of hurting someone".

"he hurt pope when he jumped him" jj shrugged "sorry babe, ur ex is going to prison"

"okay point taken" el's voiced raised slightly "and he's not my ex"

"ex fuck buddy" john b corrected "who cares, the point is i have to turn him in"

"you're walking directly into the lions den" jj explained "bad idea bro"

"i agree! fuck the police!" pope nodded along.

"simmer down ice cube, you're cut off" ellie teased faking the joint from pope "but i agree, bad idea man"

"peterkin looked out for me ok?" john b sounded frustrated "i gotta do the right thing... i'll be back"

after a few minutes john b came running out of the police station and hopped into the car "EL! START THE CAR!" he ordered.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" el asked frantically.

"WHAT DID YOU DO MAN?" jj asked watching two police officers attempt to get into the car.

"EL! FUCKING DRIVE" pope screamed, causing el to slam on the gas and peel out of the parking lot.

the pogues hid out until the morning, they then tried to get on the ferry but it was closed and john b's wanted poster was plastered everywhere.

civilians quickly saw john b in the back seat and alerted the authorities, ellie had let pope drive and he crashed the car then sped off. they drove for a moment before forcing john b to get out so they could get the cops off of his tracks.

they went to the cameron residence to talk to sarah and clear john b's name "you guys stay here, kie come with me" el whispered.

"isn't sarah on the 2nd floor? how are you gonna get up there?" jj asked

"i've climbed in and out of the second story windows in that house a million times, i'll be fine" el assured.

"gross" jj shook his head "good luck"

"sorry" el shrugged "i'll be back" she smiled kissing jj before rubbing off with kie towards the house.

she climbed onto sarah's balcony and knocked on the window, they both tried to get the window open but it was bolted. kie showed the wanted poster "are you in on it?" she asked.

"did you think i was?" sarah responded sadly.

kie shook her head "no"

el and kie both put their hands up against the glass to touch sarah's hand on the other side, they heard ward call for sarah and sarah sent the girls back to the car frantically.