Episode 4

AN: If you don't understand why I skipped episode 3 read the AN chapter before this. It happens basically the same in the actual episode except female Lance, she zones out a bit and the first few seconds of the episode, where she talks about kicking something and throwing Voltron off balance, doesn't happen. 

The Arusian King had put on a production and Allura thanked him for it, hesitating on a good word. Allura then speaks to the crowd and gives a comm to the Arusian King. All the Arusians cheer.

Hunk approaches Lance and Keith, "We ought to get something like that!" Hunk seemed excited about this idea but Lance and Keith just looked confused.

"Like what?" Lance asks.

"Like a cheer, like a team cheer we do." Hunk replies, smiling delightedly.

"Yeah well, you guys can figure it out. I'm going to go to Coran, he's helping me with my Altean." Lance says  and begins to walk off.

"You know Altean?" Keith asks, really surprised.

"Yeah, Coran is teaching me." She smiles at him brightly. He watches her walk away with a small smile and an unnoticeable blush on his face. 

~~~

"Look at them. The new paladins of Voltron. The fate of the universe is on their shoulders." Allura spoke to the mice on a balcony, "I must portray strength, so no one can tell how concerned I am about the fate of our mission."

The mice and her started gossiping about secrets. Suddenly the mice tell Allura something very surprising because she shouts, "Pidge is a what?!"

Allura then looks at the green paladin carefully.

~~~

Lance was thinking of Earth when she actually went to find Coran. She was thinking of her new family. Her mother and father died at a young age and Lance grew up with her aunt and uncle. They didn't really pay attention to her and there would occasionally be physical abuse but they mostly kept to herself. She didn't like them, but it was better than Gabe.

In her peripheral vision, she saw Pidge and Allura talking and some Arusians clinging to Keith. She giggled at this and carried on with her search for Coran. She eventually gave up and headed to the control room thinking about her past life. 
'You know what, I don't care what they think of me! I will tell them who I am!' She thought to herself.

Coran jumped and sat down next to her, startling her a little, "Hello Coran, what are you doing here?"

"I saw you looking sad and came to find you." He replied, smiling at her. Coran was wearing his usual advisor outfit and  Lance was wearing her Paladin armor.

"How far away from Earth do you think we are, Coran?" She looked sad so Coran brought up the massive map of the universe.

He was moving through the map when Lance asked another question. "You ever noticed how far the planets are from each other?" She asked, standing beside him.

"Yes, haven't you been paying attention."

"Yes, I have. What I mean is that they're really, really far away. Like, say, Earth. It's so far, I can't even see it. The blue oceans, white clouds, green grass. I can't see any of it."

"You miss Earth, I understand. I miss Altea." Coran replied sadly.

"I know we're supposed to be brave paladins. Defenders of the Universe or whatever, but, honestly, I didn't want to go to war. I just wanted a peaceful life, and to go home." She said home like it wasn't on Earth. It was like the home she wanted to go to was unreachable.