Episode 8 (Edited)

Voltron faced the Galran container that had just hit planet-side. It was the same as the container of the other beast. The dust, that had stirred, was beginning to settle.

"Oh, no!" Pidge's worry was evident.

"Please tell me there's not a giant monster in there." Hunk pleaded, his voice full of fear, "Please tell me it's empty! Or full of space candy. One of those two. Either one is fine!"

"I don't think it's a pinata, Hunk. And we all know this Balmera can't take another hit." Lance spoke. Her voice was calm and smooth.

"If it's the same kind of monster that attacked us on Arus, we already know how to beat it." Keith said as he formed Voltrons sword, ready for a fight. Pidge followed along, forming Voltrons shield.

"Hold your ground!" Shiro yelled out.

The container collapsed in four pieces, revealing a new monster sent from the Galra. At first, it seemed switched off until it lifted its head and powering on. It immediately seemed to lock onto Voltron and, from a cannon in its chest, shot a powerful green beam towards Voltron. Voltron managed to block the beam with the shield, however, was pushed back by the force of it.

"It's not candy!" Hunk yelled out.

Lance was about to roll her eyes and say something sarcastic because, although Hunk was her best friend, Hunk was grating on her nerves. Instead she pointed out the obvious, "And it's not the same monster!"

"Who would've guessed?! I mean wow Lance. You're so observant!" Blue's sarcastic remark made Lance's eye twitch.

"How kind of you. Thank you for your very helpful input." She spoke with a sarcastic tone that was honed from her years as Percy. Blue was worried but managed a small grin at Lance's sarcasm.

Voltron turned to the side and escaped the path of the beam. The beam switched off.

"We need to draw it's fire away from the Balmera's surface!" Shiro shouted.

The beast flew up and shot another green beam from it's chest. The Voltron shield was up but most of the crew were groaning with how strong the beam was. Lance was the only one not groaning, but that was expected.

Voltron started flying at the same height as the beast. The beast shot beam after beam but Voltron evaded them, while also making sure the beams were aimed away from the surface.

Voltron swung the sword at the creature but the monster dodged. When Voltron passed the monster, the creature shot the back of Voltron. Voltron skidded forward and flew up again.

Going behind the monster, Voltron immediately raised the shield as the monster fired again.

"Pidge! The lion is weakening greatly. I don't think we can take much longer!"

"I KNOW GREEN!" Pidge screamed in her mind back, then she spoke to the team, "My lion's weakening! If the shield sustains structural damage, we're done for!"

"Pidge is right!" Keith shouted and Lance took a deep breath.

"Oh really. Who would've guessed?!" Her sarcasm didn't help Keith but Lance didn't care. Keith was mostly annoyed at Lance's sarcastic remark, but he absentmindedly marveled at how calm Lance's voice sounded when most of theirs sounded panicked.

"Lance, watch your footing!" Keith warned but it was too late.

The beam became too strong and Voltron lost its footing and was thrown back. The sword was broken in half and fell far too Voltron's left.

"Ok, team Voltron, disband!" Even Shiro sounded panicked, "Everyone, evasive maneuvers. They can't shoot us all at once!"

The five lions flew in different directions when the lifted its arms and revealed multiple more canons. The canons went in multiple directions.