Chapter 4~ Day 1

Niall's POV

First day, first day with just me and Theo. Truth be told I'm scared because I don't know what to do but I don't want to asked my Mum for help besides I have our day planned. I will make this week the best week for Theo.

Today, I woke up earlier than usual. I sighed and went to Theo's room to see him still sleeping, hugging the teddy bear I gave him last year. I smiled sadly, as I crouched down and touched his cheek gently.

"I'm sorry, baby." I whispered as I kissed his hand and cried.

I wish that I had the power to turn back time and make my mistakes right.

"Uncle Ni?" I wiped my tears as I faked a smile.

"Hey, bub. Why are you up so early?" I asked as I lay down with him.

He ignored my question.

"You're crying, why?" he asked as he touched my cheek.

"Ignore me, bub. I'm just happy." he frowned as he told me.

"Don't cry, smile. Daddy Greg said you'll look ugly if you cry." that caused me to cry again.

"Well, Daddy Greg is lying, bub. It is okay to cry. Can I just hug you before we make breakfast, baby?" I asked.

"Okay." I hugged him and kissed his hair. I'm so sorry.

 "Are you okay now Uncle Ni?" he asked.

"Yeah, baby. Let's go and make breakfast?"

"Yes, can we have pancakes?" he asked giving me that puppy dog eyes he got from his father.

I sighed dramatically and gave him a thinking face.

"I don't know, I think I need some convincing." I said as I gave him a playful look.

"I'll give you kisses?" he asked hopefully, I laughed.

"Well, that's good enough." I laughed.

~~Skipping breakfast 'cause lazy af

"Uncle Ni, where are we going?" he asked for the 21932793nth time.

I laughed as I answered him, "We're going to the playground, baby."

"Yeheeyyy! Can I go to the swings and the slides?" he asked clapping.

"Yes, you can Theo." he clapped.

As soon as I put Theo down he ran to go to the slides, I smiled as I watched him play with the other kids. I posted a picture I took of the shoes we're wearing right now on instagram and sat on a bench not far from Theo as I watched him when my phone rang.

"Harry Styles" 

N: What do you need, Harry?

H: Uhm, just wanted to ask if you're doing okay.

N: Of course I'm okay.

H:Oh, that's great then. Uhm-

N: Harry, I know that's not the reason why you called. Tell what you want to tell me, I'm kind of watching Theo right now.

H: Liamandsophiaareengaged

N: HARRY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THIS IS THE TIME YOU SHOULD USE THAT SLOW ACCENT OF YOURS. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

H: Liam and Sophia just got engaged.

N: Oh. OMG Theo. Harry I'll call you back. Bye

~Call ended

I called Theo as I ended Harry's call. I know I'm ruining my plan but I just want nothing but go home and sleep right now.

"Come on, bud. We're going home."

"But Uncle Ni!"

"Theo, it's already 3 pm we need to go home."

"But-" he started to tear up.

"I'm sorry, Theo but I promise we'll have Nando's for dinner."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I said as I carried him to the car.

As we arrive home, I brought Theo to my room I put him in his crib and made him watch some cartoons as I went to the bathroom.

I let my tears flow down my face as I grabbed my hair. You're such a fool, Niall. He could never be yours. He was never yours.