Chapter 2

Lucy has experienced a lot of things in her life. But going to therapy isn't one of them. She's gone once or twice with Dr. Linda. However, she's only been here for a day and Alaric insisted on her going to counseling with Emma.

"So you're the devil?" Emma asked still not believing it was the actual devil and looked over at Lucy who nodded.

"Yes. Well, Satan, Beelzebub, Old Scratch. Actually, I like that one in particular. But, those were the old me. These days, you just have plain old Lucifer, Lucy actually." She informed like it was nothing.

"And you've left Hell behind to take a vacation in Mystic Falls," She said, and just by the name, it made Lucy sigh and nod. "Well, where else would I go?"

"You don't seem too bothered by me being the Queen of Darkness." Lucy pointed out as she saw Emma unfazed by all the information.

"I'm willing to work within your metaphor."

"Right, you're just another nonbeliever I'm guessing" She clicked her tongue, looking out the window. "I don't see why though, honestly you witches can't believe anything can you"

"I believe in what I see."

"Right, well you, if want proof all you have to do, is ask. I can show you my real face, but it does come with a consequence"

"I'm alright, I rather see how far we can take this session. Sometimes it's easier to make intimate issues about something bigger than yourself" Emma told her.

"Well, there are a few things bigger than myself" Lucy smirked and it made Emma uncomfortable that she quickly changed the subject. "Last we spoke, you were bothered about feelings of humanity."

Last night, Lucy bumped into Emma and had a small section of feelings. Lucy didn't understand what she was going through and she need some guidance. But she would never admit that.

"I was. Yes, but I have good news for you on that front. I'm healed"

"Is that so?"

"Yes, back to my normal, devilish self. No pesky empathy is to be found. I'd kick a puppy if one wailzed by." Lucy joked but when she saw Emma turn into a gaze of concern she explained "I'm joking. Puppies don't waltz"

"You like to hide insecurity in humor, don't you?" Emma said to which Lucy laughed "I don't have insecurities"

"Mm. Everyone does" Emma studied every feature and reaction the girl did. Lucy sighed "Very well. I'll play your game. What do you think I'm insecure about?"

"That you are changing. But you don't know what's causing the change. Or who."

Emma squinted her eyes once she took all that information in. Before she could talk, the door knocked and revealed Alaric with a duffel bag's strap over his shoulder.

"Sorry to interrupt but I'm going to have to steal Lucy from you, Emma." He said and the witch simply nodded his way.

"We will continue where we left off tomorrow morning. This was an excellent first session, Lucy." Emma stood up and so did the girl who sent her a nod before following Alaric's direction.

Lucy sighed once they exited Emma's office. Thinking of her session with Emma. Her mind kept going to the same question. Was she changing? Is Hope the one who is changing her?

That can't be. She's the devil for crying out loud. She can't change. She's evil, she punishes those who deserve it. No human or supernatural can change that.

She walked out just in time to see both Hope and Rafael fight over Landon stealing the knife. Hope had just taken her hands off Rafael's head, probably showing him the bus that Landon blew up. "What the hell was that?" Rafael asked as Lucy walked over.