Chapter 15

"I sealed the doors with a spell, but it won't hold forever." Hope informed when the trio met up with Dorian again.

"All right. These chains should help until we come up with a better solution." He gave it to Lucy but immediately she handed it to Landon who was beside her. "I'll get the doors downstairs."

"At least we have all the infected people in one place," Hope said just as they heard a voice from behind them.

"What are you three doing out here?" Lizzie asked, standing feet away from them.

Hope wasted no time rushing towards Lizzie before throwing the chains around her, chaining her with Lizzie as confused as ever. Landon helped Hope but, Lucy stood there and watched in amusement as they dragged Lizzie to a room.

"Have you two gone crazy?" She exclaimed, looking at the three.

Hope exhaled, "You've been infected with a mind-controlling parasite. That's why you've been so nice all day." She explained quickly.

"That is not why I have been- Hey!" Lizzie said to Landon when he suddenly touched her. Landon pointed her flashlight at her face to see if there was a trail, holding her nose up to get a closer look. "I don't see any slug trails."

"What are you freaks talking a— ow." She suddenly got electrocuted by her bracelet. "Unchain me and maybe I will tell you, you thrift store hobbit" She spat and gasped again at the sudden pain.

Lucy snorts making the three look at her questioningly, "Sorry I just find this way too funny."

Lizzie rolled her eyes, "Of course, you find this amusing, now tell them I'm not infected!"

"She's not infected," Lucy said.

"Then why are you acting so weird?" Hope questioned, squinting her eyes at the girl who was tied up.

"I'm not acting weird," Lizzie denied, "I am turning over a new leaf. With this—" She showed them her bracelet, "I spelled it to zap me whenever I said anything mean. And in increasing voltage. Worst idea ever."

"No. That's genius," Landon said as he bent down to unchain her, "that's why there's no slug in her. She's been zapping herself."

"Then why are you wandering around here, instead of at the talent show like everyone else?" The Tribrid interrogated.

"I was looking for Josie," Lizzie responded, "she's been acting weird all day and then she just bailed on the performance. Probably because she's infected."

"We need to find her, now."

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"Why hello ladies, sorry to interrupt your fun but we're gonna need that urn," Lucy spoke with Hope beside her, spotting Josie with Penelope who was about to grab the urn.

"Icaeus." Hope countered quickly when Penelope was about to attack her.

The girl flew backward with a shout and hit a wood, dropping to the floor along with the canes that Josie was supposed to find for the talent show.

"Found the canes." Hope panted out.

"You shouldn't have done that," Josie warned and brought her hands up together, creating a ball of flames.

Hope walked forward ready to fight, while Lucy, well, she leaned on the wall, knowing her girlfriend could handle herself. Just then, Lizzie walked behind her sister swiftly putting the bracelet on Josie, and darted her attention to her.

"Jo. Don't. This isn't you." The Blonde siphoner said.

"You don't even know the real me." Josie spat and was about to turn around to attack Hope again but Lizzie turned her around once more.