Chapter 8

"What's bothering you right now?" Emma asked. "Well..." Lucy thought for a moment "Right now I'm experiencing a very odd feeling. It's- it's like a... it's like a fat man sitting on my chest. But not in a fun way."

"And when is that happening?"

"Well um..."

"When you're with Hope?"

"Yes. Well, actually, lately, when she's been with Landon. Her crush. Well, sort of. She said she has a crush on someone else but I don't know what she sees in that oaf."

"Lucy..." Emma began, "You're jealous."

"The Devil doesn't get jealous. I'm the one who inspires passion in others." Lucy chuckled nervously. She couldn't possibly be jealous. It's impossible. But lately even the impossible is possible.

"Well, I'm afraid we will have to cut this short. Dr. Saltzman is looking for you." Emma told Lucy who seemed as confused as she is. Why would Alaric ask for Lucy?

With that, she got up and left to find Alaric in his office. She didn't expect him to have his crossbow and a woman in a wedding dress covered in blood.

"Did I miss the wedding or a funeral?" Lucy asked as both of them turned to her catching their attention.

"I'm sorry who are you?" the woman in the wedding dress asked. Lucy held out her hand, "Lucifer Morningstar, but you can call me Lucy."

The woman was shocked upon hearing her name "Lucifer Morningstar, as in the Devil?" she turned to Alaric who shook his head "Don't ask. It's a long story."

"Are you okay - Whoa, whoa." Dorian came in rushing through the doors, and also had his hands up when he saw Alaric with a crossbow.

"Ric, if you could just put down the crossbow. My freak-out level is about 11 right now." Jo was breathing heavily in nervousness behind a very confused Lucy who didn't know what to do.

"You know her?" Dorian asked him. Alaric answered, "I know who she's supposed to be." He spoke and Dorian asked who. "The love of my life."

"Congratulations Alaric, I didn't know you had it in you to pull such a beautiful woman." Lucy grins as Alaric glares at her, not having the time to joke around.

"Hold up. Hold up." Dorian urged and walked to Ric who is very sensitive about seeing his dead wife.

"Listen to Dorian. Are you Dorian? I'm Jo." She put her hands up in surrender when Lucy was beside Alaric already.

Dorian was flabbergasted, "You're his dead wife? I mean- I mean, Fiancée. I mean uh... You don't think she's actually..?"

"No, I don't," Alaric whispered harshly and looked at
Jo.

"Did you see how she got here?" He asked and Jo answered in front of them.

"I was sort of, um... yanked awake, and then I was just here." Though the explanation was too fabricated and doesn't make sense, the people in front of her didn't seem to take it lightly.

Except for Lucy, I mean demons get to travel with dead people and use them as vessels but she had a feeling this wasn't a demon. It all seems familiar.

"Nothing suspicious about that. " Alaric chuckled sarcastically and pointed the crossbow once more. Lucy stayed out of it, it's a personal thing.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dorian asked Ric who nodded.

"Kill her now before she attacks?" He answered and pointed the weapon again.

Jo looked at him in disbelief. "Wait, what?" she said.