III : Cupid

Thursday, 14th February 2019

True to his word, Scott texted Christine just as she climbed in bed in her pyjamas. It was an hour after midnight. Tye and his group of friends had consumed so much alcohol that it was no wonder most of them ended up drunk. The only reason Christine hadn't left earlier was because she didn't trust Tye enough to not take advantage of Ruby. The thought was enough for her to endure her position as third wheel while Ruby shamelessly made out with him in public.

   When they left the bar, Ruby was so drunk that Christine had to be the one to drive her over to her home. Luckily, Ruby's parents were sound asleep and Christine had gotten in and out without any uncomfortable confrontations. When she had gotten to her own home though, it was to see her older sister, Maria in the living room, watching TV. She didn't reprimand her though. She was always telling Christine to get out more.

   Christine stared at the simple Hey an unknown number had texted her. Instantly, she knew it had to be Scott. Going against her initial decision of ignoring the text since she was so tired, she sat up on her bed and typed a reply.

   Christine: You do know this is an odd hour to text someone, right?

   Scott: But you replied 😏

   Christine rolled her eyes as she typed: Lucky you and pressed send.

   After a string of laughing emojis, Scott switched up the conversation.

   Scott: So, about tomorrow. There's this restaurant I've wanted to try out, but haven't had anyone to accompany me. I thought it'd make a great venue for a first date.

   Christine: Who said it's a date? 🙄

   Scott: I am, rn😉

   Christine: You're delusional

   Scott: I know. But what do you think? Or do you have something else in mind?

   Christine: I think it's a good plan. It involves food after all 😋

   Scott: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

   Scott: Guess I'll have to improve my culinary skills as it seems food is the way to your heart.

   Christine: It won't be that easy

   Scott: I'll take my chances

   Not having anything to say to that, Christine kept quiet. Scott sensed that, and asked her for her address so he could pick her up. She assured him there was no need for that, and agreed to meet him at the restaurant he picked at 4 pm later on in the day.

   Before she drifted to sleep, Scott texted her : Good night my valentine ♥ and she slept with a smile on her face.

"I wonder where you're headed to, dressed so nicely," Maria said from the kitchen where she was stirring a pot on the stove as Christine walked in.

   Christine had decided to dress for the day by wearing a red lace gown which ended just above her knees and a pair of black heeled sandals. For accessories, she held a black clutch and had on her usual rings and a simple charm necklace. She had done nude makeup so it wouldn't seem like she was trying too hard.

   "I'm just heading out with a friend." She said simply as she dipped her finger into Maria's pot which earned her a slap on the wrist.

   "I wouldn't happen to know this friend, now would I?" Maria asked her with a skeptical eye as she massaged the place which had been slapped.