Chapter 1: Good Evening

Winter. The exhilarating season of the year has just stepped foot in New York City. The holiday made the mundys very occupied and eager to get ready for the upcoming celebration for what they call it as 'Christmas'. Similarly, fables are trying to celebrate the holiday.

Majority of the fables are enthusiastic about the events in store for them by the government. However, Bigby is an exception. Bigby Wolf, the cigarette-smoking, trench coat-clad sheriff of Fabletown.

He always considered winter as a complete nuisance, especially when the cold is unbearable for him as his human form does not suffice the warmth his body needs compared in his true form.

After the huge absurdity, or simply, the case of the Crooked Man finally has come to an end, Bigby felt relieved as months passed by. Yet, he was still agitated whether to trust Auntie Greenleaf. He didn't know whether she is obliging to punish the crooked man.

Honestly, Bigby wants to rip his throat off just after he attempted to throw Bigby down the witching well. An attempt of murder. Three times. Actually. But, Bigby does not want the fables to display that image of him back in the Homelands. He wants to show that he respects the law and that the rights of fables is his priority. Killing him will not bring those two poor women back.

The safety of the restful town is in the hands of Bigby. Entrusting the prisoner to the witch that once was an accomplice in making illegal glamours made Bigby doubt her. Auntie Greenleaf is vulnerable to the Crooked man. God knows how that wicked man can manipulate someone by lying through his teeth. He simply find the abysmal circumstances the helpless fables are facing under Crane's watch very advantageous by adding their weakness to his strength.

Bigby sighed heavily from the piles of paperwork which seems to be eternity that he is buried in to. After a lengthy amount of time of debate in his mind whether to finish the paperwork the rest of the night, he decided to take a break.

Stretching his body from the recent uncomfortable slouched position, he cracked his battered knuckles and rose from the wooden chair. Before shutting the lights off, he abruptly grabbed his heavy trench coat and gently closed his office.

His heavy footsteps were the only sound in the dim lit hallway when he quickly heard the familiar sound of her heels clicking. Without a thought, he grabbed one cigarette stick and lighted it with flame. Her scent is so intoxicating that is impossible to ignore it.

There she is, standing in a fine posture, the articles of her clothing hugged her curves perfectly, her face is a prepossessing sight and that deep raven locks which is styled in an up-do effortlessly. One word. Perfection. A woman of a very high standard. Bigby loved every single detail about her being. Hell, he will be the most privileged man to have her as his own. But, of course, its beyond the bounds of possibility.

Snow White looked at him and gave him a half-smile as if she was having a very difficult time to fake it. He always knew what she is bottling up inside.

"Good evening, Mr. Wolf"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! This is my first chapter and hopefully you enjoyed it! It will be much appreciated if you showed me some love by simply commenting your opinions down below and suggestions are always open. Please vote for this if you only liked it :)) Have a nice day!