Chapter 5: Almost Perfect

-Important-

This chapter includes some excerpts from the comic "Fables",for those of you who only have played the game. So don't be surprised. Anyways, enjoy!

"Yeah...I guess I am drinking all of it." Bigby admitted.

"Oh, is that really necessary or perhaps, does it make you feel good...I guess?" Snow inquired, letting her curiosity speak from itself. For hundreds of years, she had never tried to drink as she is simply not into it. Maybe she had, a Cabernet Sauvignon red wine, which she only prefers on special occasions.

He looked at her, slightly amazed by the question. Not knowing what she really exactly meant. He chuckled at her, "I do not know what you mean, but I have been a fond of drinking alcohols, especially strong ones, it makes me feel numb." He finished off, damping her own inquisitiveness. It was partially true. He always feels like shit. Moreover, he is afraid to confront his mixed emotions.

One is anger, towards his father for leaving his mother die and when the fables he encountered disrespects him. Secondly, his loneliness, which he would never admit to another soul. Even though he was the famous "lone wolf", he was secretly fed up. Lastly, his affection towards the princess once, who had never felt joyful in her life. Since she got away from the Homelands, she was trying to put her past behind her, just like him. Only that she was the victim. The victim of betrayal from her sister- Rose Red, abused by the wicked seven dwarfs , an attempted murder from the evil queen and nonetheless, a broken heart from what she thought was her Prince Charming. On the other hand, Bigby was the tormentor of the others.

Snow smiled a little bit, reaching for one half- empty bourbon which Bigby has recently drank. Her hand reached for the middle-section of the bottle and slowly grabbed it towards her. "Snow..." he whispered.

She glared at him, "I guess it isn't a crime to taste it a bit, is it Sheriff?" She smirked, and took a sip of the whiskey, instantly heating up her throat and eventually coughed.

"Alright, that's enough, give me the bottle", as he reached for the bottle when Snow clutched it tightly on her hand."Oh, come on, you said you'd only taste it." Bigby kept reaching for the bottle when Snow just wavered it up, avoiding his hand. Snow can't help but to laugh."Why are you not letting me drink it?",she asked and laughed at him.

Bigby stared "I don't know and I don't care if it is funny that I am concerned" he said sternly. At that point, there was a few minutes of utter silence. Bigby reached for the pack of cigarettes and lighted one up, desperately needing one after blurting out that he was concerned. Bigby is now worried. Worried that she will leave him again.

Instead, Snow quietly laughed at him. "Who's the mayor, huh? I'm the one making the orders and if you keep pulling that concerned sheriff on me, I won't hesitate to fire you." she finished off her threat with a smirk on her face.

"Guess I should join you." The sheriff grabbed one bourbon and drank along with the Deputy Mayor. Both sharing the loneliness under the moonlight from the windows of the stuffy apartment.

The two fables imbibed a few drinks; Snow had only drank the half-empty whiskey whilst Bigby drank two, both engaging in a conversation that they had been missing out on and laughing the night away. It's like two souls who have been reconnected once again. Their connection was undeniable.

-An hour later-

"Do you remember our first meeting when me and my sister were captured by the Adversary?" Snow asked out of the blue. Bigby looked at her with a puzzled expression; she had never wanted anyone to talk about her life back at the Homelands, but now she was the one who is bringing it up.

"I found it amusing when you draw a sword on me to defend yourself" He simply admitted. That very moment when he saw Snow, he noticed her pleasant scent, which is a sign of a wolf's future mate. That's why he'd never given up on her.

Snow placed the empty bourbon on the table and kept her eyes on Bigby; making him melt inside. She slowly crept her hand, lightly brushing Bigby's firm hand. She hold his hand and intertwined it.

He was now doubting the moment, whether this is the reality, he blinked his eyes and it really is occurring. Suddenly, she let go of his touch and placed her hand on her skirt when a talking pig interfered the moment.

"Well, well, look at the wolf, finally got the balls to ask the princess in here." As Colin made himself in, letting out a laugh in a scornful tone. Bigby eyed him furiously, before he could argue, Snow cleared her throat."We were discussing about private terms" she said in a formal tone.

"Anyways, our meeting has came to an end" Snow stood up, almost losing her balance and walked towards the door, before she could leave, she greeted Bigby and turned to look at Colin, "Get your glamour or I will arrange a truck that will lead you to the Homelands" her eyebrows stitched and closed the door.

"You're fucking dead Colin" Bigby snarled at him.

-Author's Note-
I'm sorry guys but I have to do it xD
I already planned out the entire story so I have no choice but to cockblock Bigby xD Don't worry though, the following chapters will be good. ;)
As always, If you liked this chapter please give it a vote and comment your thoughts. I'm guessing you'll rant about it xD