Chapter 3: An Order

"I'm sorry for stepping out of the line and I will do my work professionally."

Bigby spun around and walked towards the door with his head hung low. Before he proceeded to leave the suffocating atmosphere ,he quickly greeted her a formal good-bye.

He was still taken aback and felt his throat constrict. The pain is undeniable. At the same time, a foreign feeling.

Hell, he never felt dead despite always being engaged in a near-death situation from his job. He admitted that the unpleasant conversation was arduous.

Bigby digs in his pocket and reached for another cigarette, badly needing one, from what it seems to be the most appropriate time. He let the tip of his cigarette touch the burning flame. He inhaled the nicotine from the cheap roll of tobacco as it permeated his impure lungs and exhaling some of the distress.

-Business Office-

Snow White is clouding her thoughts with self-loathing from her outburst. She rubbed her arms to warm herself which is futile. Her feet is almost frozen from her recent asperity. Trudging back to her desk, she plopped down on her stiff chair, hoping to clear her mind. Snow took a great amount of time to convince herself that what she did is right.

Deep down she was certainly aware that she had feelings for the thoughtful man, but the notion frightened her.

Looking at the steaming coffees that he brought her, she was secretly pleased that he thought of her. Bigby, a selfless man that puts his life on the line just to get the job done. He was the sole fable who can successfully endure her bitterness.

She immediately felt guilty and regretted the incident. Still conscience-stricken over her outburst.

"I'm so sorry" she murmured to the much colder air. Realizing that the two coffees were still warm, she decided to give it back, knowing that he was planning on spending time with her.

Admitting that it was an unfair execrable treatment, she hoped to lessen the thick atmosphere between them. Standing up, Snow grabbed the two coffees and head out.

-7 minutes passed-

The smallest mocked apartment is the lone wolf's sanctuary. Several bottles of bourbon and beers laid on his table to subside the agony he is filled with. The darkness keeps him in company. He finds himself gazing at the dull wall when the familiar scent grew stronger, followed by a soft knock on his door.

Bigby is confused and also heavyhearted. Not knowing what to do, he remained silent trying to figure out what the hell is going on; She berated him and now she is standing at the other side of the door.

The knock grew louder and her gentle voice called out for his name. He slowly stood up, ambling towards the door and stopped. Reaching for the knob hesitantly, he sighed and twisted it, swinging the door open.

Snow's POV

He finally opened the door. The smell of alcohol and smoke is evident. His gentle brown eyes looked at me. I cleared my throat, not really knowing what to say.

"Bigby, I just want to apologize and would like to give these back." I smiled narrowly, trying to conceal my discomfort. He just stood still. Is he still angry at me? Oh, what a foolish question. Of course, he is. It is all my fault. I thought.

End of POV

Bigby is still trying to comprehend and raking his thoughts.Now, she is apologizing. This is bizarre."Snow, its fine. Really. I bought it for you, so just take it. Okay?" he said, scratching the back of his neck from the awkward situation.

"No, I would like to spend some time with the sheriff. It's an order." Snow smirked, and gestured him to let her inside.

Author's Note:
Hey guys! I'm sorry if this chapter is shorter than the previous ones as I am still planning the whole concept and it will take a lot of time. Thanks anyways for reading this chapter. Have a nice day! :)