Chapter 6: Friendship and Rendezvous

"Oh, boo-hoo, I didn't know there was some romance going on involving the lonely asshole who blew my house down." Colin scoffed and walked towards the old television and turned it on.

"Well, who is the idiot who decided to build a house made of straws, besides its history, and, there is no romance right there. It was just friendly that is all."Bigby turned to look at Colin who is smirking at him in disbelief.

"Friendly holding hands, indeed." as Colin faced the television, laughing quietly but still audible.

"I'd suggest you never speak any word for now as I don't want any disturbance in my slumber." He groaned and slumped down the old-fashioned blue armchair, still with some visible blood-stains from the night he got shot by a deadly silver bullet that almost took his life.

Rolling his head back, he thought of Snow White, the way she looked at him and when her soft hand perfectly intertwined with his. Though that moment was good and all, he didn't know if its because she was drunk. Though, she only consumed less. Too tired to comprehend, Bigby slowly shutted his eyes and called it a night.

-Morning, 9.22 am-

"Hey, sleeping beauty, wake up" Colin yelled beside the sofa, which woke the sheriff instantly.

Bigby groaned and rubbed his eyes and turned to look at Colin. "You better make sure that you woke me up for some urgent matter."

"There's no need for your horrible threats but I just wanna give this mail to ya" Colin handed over the mail to Bigby as he opened the seal of the envelope.

"Remembrance Day Dance...how fucking exciting and urgent to wake me up. I got no time for these, besides its not my cup of tea." Bigby blustered and fixed his tie.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Your cup of tea are bloody brawls in the alleyways aren't it. Besides, Snow demanded it to be mandatory for all fables to attend the particular event, an order from King Cole, maybe you should take advantage of having a glamour, kno' what I'm saying."

"Well, it will be very unpleasant for me to turn up like this, the way I am. That's why I'm not going. If you have the guts, go." Bigby muttered and stood up.

Colin made his way into the room that was rarely used and went out with a box. "That's why I brought you this one, just take it as a token of our friendship and don't ask where I got 'em, no crime behind it."

Bigby gave him a peculiar look and walked towards it. He crouched down and opened it. The box consists of a white cotton dress shirt with a high stand collar, a dark thick vigilante vest , a black fall front trousers and a black regency brocade tail coat. A fancy Victorian suit from the 1850's. Bigby's eyes widened and looked back at the smiling pig, that once he had given a miserable life.

"Colin, you shouldn't have bothered-" he was cut off immediately"Psh, ya didn't send me to the farm and we've been living under the same roof and can't deny our friendship, just take it aigh't?

Bigby can't help but to be well-pleased, he had never received a gift and most importantly, never had a friend, they may have a horrible past but what's done is done. "Thanks, Colin"

-Meanwhile in the Business Office-

"Bufkin! Tell Flycatcher to clean up the nineteenth floor, pronto.And! Page the food caterers that is supposed to come up. Lastly, I would like the set-up to be completed in a few hours time. Do you understand?" Snow demanded in distress. She can't help but to panic.

"Yes, Miss White, I will do my work promptly" as Bufkin flew out of the business office. Snow headed to her desk and sat down to continue the tons of paperwork that just added up enormously. She flicked through the files and did her business.

-20 minutes passed-

Bigby walked in the business room, adjusting his tie and sauntered to Snow's desk."Well, Good morning sheriff, you're late but there's no time to squabble about the matter and I would like you to take these files and do the work if you don't want to miss the celebration, which you barely attend even though I deliberately stated how compulsory the event is, to which in that case, I can assume that you will complete it today." She nonchalantly told him, her eyes still glued to the paperwork.

"Alright Snow, but I would like a conversation with you." Bigby said in a husky tone and carried the heap of paperwork. "Before I go", he quickly added.

"I beg your pardon but I have a little crucial amount of time and some matter that requires immediate action, especially that the dance will be tonight and I can't spare any second." she retorted and signed the paper.

In truth, Bigby disliked her coldness; she was sometimes teased as they called her the "Ice queen". Which also leads him questioning himself how he can go through it without losing his cool. Maybe that's what attracts him to her. A determined, courageous and strong woman.

"You can hear me out without any interference to your work." he requested, looking at her."I'm listening." she answered as she continued to flick through the pages, rubbing her chin.

"I am dearly intending to go for the event and it would be the greatest pleasure and honor if you would allow me to go as your escort, or perhaps your date for this grand celebration." Bigby implored, smiling hardly.

Snow lowered down her pen and gazed at him. She intertwined her fingers on the table and cleared her throat."I suppose a frank gentleman who is confident enough to ask me might have some potential if he decides to go very slowly. If that's the matter, I grant your request." she finished off and simpered.

"I'll be damned" as the sheriff walked away with a satisfied smile spread across his face.