Chapter 8: Dinner Date

The ballroom was filled with fables enjoying the night away; some engaged in an interesting conversation, some devouring the finest delicacy and some are just simply luxuriating the matchless night.

Remembrance day brings out their preserved history, be it good or bad. An event incomparable to any holidays celebrated throughout the year.

The pair decided to head for the vast dining area and picked a table for two at the far end corner, beside the fogged tall glass windows from floor to ceiling which overlooks the breath-taking city of New York including the sightly snowflakes falling from the sky, displaying a delicate sixfold symmetry.

Bigby pulled the chair, gesturing Snow to sit down as she gladly accept the kind offer. He slightly pushed back her chair before ambling towards his seat across her.

The waiter briskly walked towards them and greeted them warmly. "What do you intend to have, Mr. Wolf and Ms. White? he inquired, grabbing a small notebook and clicking the pen.

"A Bouillabaisse and...a Cabernet Sauvignon will be lovely." She responded with a captivating smile. He jotted down the request before turning to the sheriff."As for you?". He looked at the menu before turning his head to the server.

"A Sirloin steak and a Midas Gold" he answered as the waiter wrote down and hurriedly served another fable. It really is a busy night for the tireless workers.

There was an utter silence between them and the only sound that can be heard was an audible chattering of the fables. Snow is feeling quite uneasy. Her eyes were glued outside, watching every snowflake drop, ruminating. Whilst, Bigby was tapping his fingers unknowingly on the table, desperately needing to smoke which is impossible since Snow heavily dislikes his behavior. Her pleasant smell is almost unbearable; he could lose control tonight.

Snow's POV

This is just too awkward. Speaking of the devil, I just saw my former husband. That scoundrel pathological womanizer. I cursed in my head. Every time I see him...it just reminds me of everything. The moment I caught him in the bed, with my estranged sister, was one of the most gut-wrenching time of my existence. A stab in the back.

I had given up on happiness. It does not exist. But then, out of the blue, Bigby appeared in the picture, making me flummoxed. I do not know why I had the need to hold his hand when I went to his apartment, I do not know why he asked me to be his date when he haven't attended this in the past and I absolutely do not know what he wants me out of this. If he is somehow interested on me, why all of a sudden?

There's too many queries in my head but not a single one is answered. Is it lust? I rubbed my chin, when I noticed something at the corner of my eye ;he is staring at me. Has he been staring at me for a long time? More importantly, have I been uncommunicative since we have gotten here?

Bigby's POV

I sensed how her mood has changed from her natural musk. She is disconsolate, confused and resentful now. I'm guessing that the source of her bitterness was about Prince Charming. That bastard, I could tear his body apart.

She has been through a lot, yet she is the strongest woman I have ever met. I admire her for her strength. Yet, I could not tell what's the root of her other emotions. Though she is frequently unhappy from her day to day life, her unhappiness right now is too strong which she conceals it excellently. She is an enigma to me.

How could someone hurt this lady so ruthlessly? I wish she can give me the chance to--

"Bigby!" I flinched from the sudden voice.

End Of POV

"Will you stop staring!" Snow snapped with a fierce look. She shut her eyes, facing the window and sighed in distress."I'm sorry." she muttered, regretting her act.

Bigby felt bad about her state.Hell, he will do anything to make her happy, even if it is only tonight. At least, she will be carefree for once.

"Believe me as you've never had believed something before, but you are magnificent than the rest" Bigby beamed at her. She opened her eyes and slowly turned to face him. His sheepish smile made Snow crack a smile.

"Someone's trying to be romantic, and you look ridiculous when you are." Snow laughed at him, which made him smile; satisfied that he had made her laugh.

"I'm sorry for making you wait." The waiter placed their steaming food on top of the table, the other one pouring the alcohol in their burgundy glasses, and they darted to the kitchen in a rush.

The delicious smell filled their noses, making their mouth water at the sight of the appetizing food. They both smiled and started savoring their meals. Snow chewed her food slowly, enjoying the dish that was made excellently. On the other hand, Bigby was devouring his. No one can blame him though, he always ate take-away foods or sometimes, nothing at all due to his tiring work; considering that he is the only representative for keeping peace.

-10 minutes passed-

Snow glanced at Bigby who was still indulging the dish hungrily which made her slightly giggle. He looked up at her and smirked. "Slow down Bigby, this is not a competition." Snow chortled, noticing a spot on his stubble.

"Here" she smiled as she reached for the napkin and wiped it away from his face. He felt slightly embarrassed due to his demeanor."Oh, where are my manners." He joked, eating the last piece and unfolded the napkin, wiping his mouth.

Snow consumed the remaining red wine in her glass and Bigby swigged the Midas Gold in one gulp. They looked at each other for a few moments, arousing their curiosity about the night ahead.

Bigby cleared his throat,"How are you liking the night?" he asked in a deep gruff voice.

"I am having a splendid time until I got stultified, assuming that we've been here for a lengthy amount of time." Snow purred which amazed Bigby at her change of tone and scent; enticing him.

Now, he severely needed a smoke. Everything that Snow is doing is driving him insane; the way she looks at him with desire and the way she is acting tonight is pushing him at the edge of his sanity. He had never had a moment with her without him blocking her scent.

"Entertain me" an alluring whisper escaped her red blood plump lips.

Author's Note
I'm sorry if this is quite short, I am terribly busy with school but I will try my best to keep updating fast. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)