Chapter 7: Beginning of Remembrance Day

-Important-
Again, this chapter will contain excerpts from the comics and also some changes to my own liking.

The Remembrance Day Dance has arrived where everyone dresses up to the nines. It is an annual event which is mandatory for everyone to celebrate as the community united with fairy tales of every kind remained unrevealed and their existence unknown to the Mundane world.

Inside the enormous ballroom, there is a bijou stage where the orchestra played classic ballads with their respective instruments. Golden carvings were engraved at the ceiling. Immense crystal chandeliers illuminated the entire ballroom where the fables from different kingdoms and tales gathered as one. Be it kings and cobblers, wizards or woodcarvers, sinners or saints, grandest lord to the lowliest peasants. Even strangers to one another.But,tonight, it is certain that every single one will be relishing this blissful moment.

-Bigby's Apartment-

"Damn, you look perfectly fit, I'm sure you'll get all the broads right there" Colin marveled at the ruggedly handsome sheriff in a fancy Victorian suit.

"Colin, I'm not planning to do that, I'm just going to attend it formally, part of being in the government. Now, excuse me, I have to leave as I have to meet-" Bigby paused as he blurted out an information which he wanted to be confidential. Colin looked at him with a smirk on his face; knowing who he was exactly talking about.

"Alright old boy, don't forget this." Colin handed him a silver toned skull cane, complementing his finished look. Bigby was amazed by him, this was just too much. He thought of how he will repay him. Digging in his pocket, he took out some cash and gave it to Colin.

"What's this for?" he questioned gazing at the money."Well, I assume you're going to stay here, so order whatever food you want to buy and thank you for everything."He smiled and left the apartment.

-A quarter before midnight-

Snow walked through the bright hallway of the nineteenth floor when a familiar voice caught her attention.

"Well who is the perfect beautiful lady dressed up in an outstanding gown. I bet you're quite impressing me tonight?" a man hummed behind Snow White.

She stitched her eyebrows, making her blood boil over the remark."Oh dear, I don't need the commentary and I know how beautiful I look tonight. Will you do me a favor? Remove yourself from my life. Sometimes I wondered how everything will be perfect, when you weren't born at all. Prince Charming, Oh! You're not a prince now since your wallet has nothing but full of flies and there's nothing for you to be proud of to call yourself a charming prince. A worthless and dirty lad would be suitable." Snow degraded him and smirked. Before leaving the dumbfounded man, she turned her heel "I think my escort has arrived."

Bigby landed his cane to the ground and was amazed by the delightful sight ahead of him. Snow wore a fit, low neck, blue velvet gown. Her raven blue hair is in an elegant high bun. She wore a pair of pearl earrings along with a matching three strand pearl choker that gave a finishing touch. She is exceptionally good-looking. He cleared his throat and shook his head, feeling nervous and at the same time, astounded.

"Good-evening my lady, you are extremely beautiful and delicate. Would you care to take my hand?" Bigby requested, as he slightly bowed down as a sign of respect and reached out his hand.

"I'm very pleased" as Snow gladly placed her hand on top of Bigby's palm. He pulled it close to his lips and slowly pecked it."Shall we?" he asked, as Snow nodded. The two entered the joyful event, leaving Prince Charming in disbelief.

-The clock struck at 12-

King Cole stood up on top of the stage and greeted everyone, grabbing all of their attention. He then started off by delivering a speech about the old stories when the Adversary invaded the Homelands. He picked up the Bordeaux glass half-filled with Syrah from the table beside him.

"We learned to set aside old grudges, we forgave our many grievances, to make covenant with each other. And now, predator and prey, prince and pauper, we are all of a single community, allied in our undying memory of the Homelands, and the unshakable determination that one day we will return to win those lands free of the hated ones." He raised his glass up in the air and continued. "Ladies and gentlemen, lift your glasses and join me, please, in drinking this toast. To the Homelands!"

Everyone lifted their glasses up merrily and drank it.

"I do, still, prefer this one than yours." Snow remarked, finishing her favorite wine. Bigby was slightly taken aback, as he remembered the night when she stayed in his apartment. He thought that she wouldn't have remembered it.

-Author's note-
Sorry, I have to cut it off and also I won't be updating this soon because I decided to take a break since I have updated pretty much everyday. I truly apologize.