Chapter 2

Olivia could feel the tension as the team looked over the files. 30 years of unsolved cases, a man who had gone under the radar for 30 years. Interstate 80, missing rib bones, and two new victims. Olivia walked into the police department with Reid and Emily. She raised her eyebrow at the woman freaking out about being let go. "I don't think we're welcome.", she glanced at Reid, "It's not us, it's what we represent. The government isn't big out here.", Reid nodded as the woman attacked the officer and then ran toward Reid, but Olivia was quicker and instead of the young agent getting grabbed she did. "He's coming back and there is nothing you can do about it.", she frowned in slight confusion. She ignored the rest of the interaction before Reid spoke up, "A psycho with a whistle.", and Olivia nodded, "And a serial killer using I-90 as his hunting grounds with possibly hundreds of victims.", the three went into the area and set up.

Olivia sighed, "Medical training, possibly. Mobile. He's had 30 plus years to perfect his craft." Hotch nodded. Turns out, the Vics all had hits in their toxicology reports and he had sedated them but not to the point of sleep. He wanted to see the terror in their eyes. The team was giving the profile. "He has an RV, it will not stand out. It will be muted in color, not too old, not too new, and will be in perfect working condition.", she ignored the rest of the profile before zoned back into the conversation. "Right pocket jacket.", a deputy spoke up, "How do you know that?", Olivia glanced at the deputy, "Tool marks on the victims indicate.", Olivia glanced at the sheriff to notice her not really paying anymore attention and she walked over with Gideon, "You're troubled. Have been since we talked about the killing room and it being sterile. What's wrong?", Georgia sighed, "I think there is someone you need to meet", and the two shared a look as the sheriff lead them to the holding cells, and Olivia's eyes widened, "She said he was coming back.", Reid looked at her as she spoke. It was the lady with the whistle.

"They're going to make fun of me.", Olivia sat beside the woman, "No we aren't. We want to help. What happened, Jane?", it didn't work and Hotch noticed Olivia roll her eyes before Prentiss sat down. Olivia listened to Jane's story and she clenched her jaw as she turned, "She survived the bastard. He didn't kill her because she didn't show him fear.", she swallowed as she glanced at the team as Reid spoke then Gideon, "The victims saw themselves being dismembered.", she clenched her jaw. "He is here for Jane. Isn't he?", the team watched her walk away. She joined Hotch's side and looked at the map and the victims. Her jaw set and her eyes hard. "We're going to catch him.", she looked at him, "No, something is wrong. I can feel it.", and the team and the police went to the RV park.

Olivia walked with Reid and Emily to spread the profile. But they were getting no hits. "To get away from murder you don't tell anyone. Maybe he used their credit cards?", Reid nodded as they walked around and she grabbed him, "Reid, it isn't an RV.", he looked at her hand before following her line of sight, "It's a truck and trailer. Muted in color, runs, but doesn't stand out in anyway. We need to get back to town.", she called Hotch and told him her thoughts as they ran to meet up with the others. "But I'm confused on why he dumped all those bodies before coming here.", Hotch didn't have an answer but he hoped someone would soon, they were running out of time.

Gideon was hell bent on catching this guy as quickly as possible but, the sheriff and her men needed rest and the FBI had been going for hours and they could use rest too. "I'll talk to him.", Olivia sighed, "I'm sorry.", the black haired woman looked at the sheriff, "It isn't your fault. It's us. I'm terribly rude and forget manners, and we all get tunnel vision on cases.", she watched Jason and Aaron talk, "So, how long have you been with this team?", she glanced at the sheriff, "This is my first day, but I've been working for the government since I was 23. I was in the Air Force right after high school, then went to the rangers, then got a government job. Then got out here.", the sheriff nodded, "I couldn't tell. The way you all finish each others thoughts and seem to read each other-", Olivia chuckled, "Part of that is due to the profiling. I think Jane is the reason for all of this. We need to watch her.", the sheriff nodded and the group ran off.

Georgia had been taken, Jane was missing. Olivia was zoned out. "Hotch, this is my fault. I told the sheriff we needed to watch her.", Aaron looked at her, "It was the right call, we will find her.", she nodded but she knew not to take his words to heart as they looked around Georgia's house. The deputy was screaming and Hotch could tell Olivia was about to take her anger out. "He will call us.", her phone rang and she answered, "Katherine Hale's phone turned on in the middle of town. We need Jane.", and the team split up. Olivia going with Gideon and Derek into town.

They found the truck, but not the UnSub. "We gotta find Jane. And fast.", Gideon nodded. The deputy was freaking out and about to charge but Olivia turned and grabbed him, "Make one more move and you're going to be hurting. He turned on the phone because we are onto him. He's patient, and he fears and feels nothing for anyone. Your pissing contest and anger will do nothing to help. It will make this worse. Now shut up and stand down.", the deputy looked at her, "You get 15 minutes.", she glared, "I get what I need, your words be damned. Compartmentalization isn't your strong suit, is it?", and Derek and Gideon shared a look before the trip marched into the Diner. Olivia watching the locals. She drew her gun as Georgia's husband walked in, "Step back.", the man looked at her and raised his shotgun, "He has my wife and I'm going to get her back.", Olivia rolled her eyes before she moved quickly. The shotgun was on the ground, empty of rounds, and the man cuffed and laid flat in less than 10 seconds. "Bravo, you're detained and facing charges of impending on a federal investigation.", she looked at Derek and Jason, who had wide eyes, "Continue, but hurry up. I can't take them all. I didn't grab my zip ties.", and Derek hid his smirk. "I probably should've gone with Hotch.", Derek shook his head, "He knew we'd face adversity.", she nodded as her phone rang. "Hex.", she licked her lips, "Hotch found the sheriff. She's alive. There's another victim and they found the kill room.", the man moved and she raised her gun with one hand, "Sit back down, I'll shot you.", he rolled his eyes and she clenched her jaw before she fired a warning shot. "What the fuck did you do.", the officers ran in and she glanced at the clock. "You son of a bitch.", her temper was close to blowing and she stormed from the diner as Hotch arrived with Jane and he noticed the busted out window. She had let the husband go and Hotch walked over to Liv. "Hey, hey. You gotta calm down.", she sent him a look, "Don't tell me to calm down, Aaron! He took the kids! Because we weren't looking for a fucking school bus!", Jane showed up and Gideon brought UnSub out. She tensed and her finger twitched to her gun. "Liv.", the deputy stepped forward and she broke, she grabbed a pouch from her belt and threw it, a zip wrapping around the deputy and he fell. She shot into the air. "Fucking give the bastard what he wants. Your words and actions mean nothing to him. He wants her, and without that you won't get the kids back. He's a fucking sexual sadist that fell in love. But guess what.", her eyes landed on Jane, "It won't last. And when it fails, he'll kill her too.", Gideon drove off with Jane and the murderer and she smirked as she shot a silenced gun to the truck. "Give it 10 minutes.", her phone pinged, "I've got a tracker on them.", the team looked at her and they started loading up. They found the kids and he had gotten away, but he wasn't safe. Because he was marked by Hex.

"So what was the black widow shit you pulled back there?", she glanced at Derek and chuckled as she shuffled her playing cards. "I'm not a presidential employee for nothing. I have a certain skill set that others lack.", he laughed and she tilted her head. "What happens when someone complains to the director about you?", she raised an eyebrow, "Complaints about me get sent to the president. And he always laughs at them. I never make friends where I work, because I'm too blunt, too closed off, and too compartmentalized. It's my strong suit.", they nodded and she took a deep breath, "Go to sleep, we have a bit of a flight.", Gideon looked at her, "What about you?", she looked at him, "I sleep on average 5 hours a night, but have been known to stay up for 4 days straight when needed. When that happens, I usually sleep about 12 hours to make up for it.", they nodded, "So, how did you end up working directly with the president?", Olivia looked at Reid, "If I told you, I'd have to kill you.", she flashed a smile and Hotch chuckled. She glanced out the window and the team went back home.