Chapter 7

Olivia looking at the files as she only partially listened to the debrief. She began humming to herself as she looked at the files before the team looked at her and she sighed. "Look at our latest victim, found at an active construction sight.", Hotch looked at her, "What are you thinking?", she glanced at him, "In Colombia, the Shantytowns had high drugs, prostitution, and homicide. And, most the residents were homeless or runaways. This could be a homeless person, most likely a man due to the nature of the killings, just trying to protect his area.", they nodded at her as she glanced at the screen, "In fact, I'm certain of it. And this signature. This person is going to have some armed forces training or police training of some kind. This individual feels threatened and his is willing to kill to protect himself and his home. These won't stop until we find him, and I have a feeling that's going to be difficult.", the team stood up, wheels up in 20.", the team was going to Houston.

Hotch found Olivia as she got her go bag and some coffee and a bagel. "That signature, you act like you have experience.", she glanced at Hotch, "I do. You have to remember. I started out in the Air Force before becoming a Ranger.", he nodded. "I became a ranger after I had a mission go south and I was MIA for 6 months in hostile territory. I didn't come out of that being an innocent person.", Aaron looked at her, "Have you, ever?", she took a deep breath, "Of course, but my victims were never random.", and the team got on the jet.

There was a weird tension between Emily and Spencer, and while the team was concerned why, Olivia was concerned about Reid. Not only was he a bit late this morning, which is fine but not normal for Reid. Olivia was concerned about Reid. "Olivia, you can join Gideon and Morgan.", she shook her head. "Actually, I think I'm more help at the station.", Hotch frowned but didn't argue, because no matter what. Olivia would do what she wanted to do. She tilted her head and walked over to Reid. She frowned at him and he softly smiled. She looked at him and Spencer sighed, "I'm fine.", she nodded  and sent Hotch a look. A look the man knew all to well, cause he had been the cause of that look a few times. She was worried but she wouldn't press the issue.

Olivia stayed observing as Hotch stood on the other side of the room to her, JJ coming back from talking to the captain, Reid working on the profile, and Emily looking over the files. Gideon and Derek came in. "Olivia was right. The Unsub is homeless.", Olivia nodded, "I'm usually right.", and JJ laughed. The black haired woman smirked at the blonde and the two smiled at each other. "Emily, Reid go to the area shelters. We need the last weeks of of potential thefts of comfort items and foods, recently displaced individuals, and probably a map of the recent demos.", Derek nodded, "I'll call Garcia.", Hotch nodded and the team split, leaving Olivia with Hotch. "Something is wrong with Reid, I don't know what it is, but something wrong.", Hotch nodded at her and she took a deep breath. "There's been another murder.", she licked her lips. "I'll go.", and she left the station.

Olivia walked up as the three men stood over the opening to the sewer. She raised an eyebrow, "Are we waiting for the evidence to come out on its own?", the three men jumped and she laughed, "I'll go.", and she dropped into the sewer. She raised an eyebrow, "Well, he definitely had a home here and I'm guessing the Jack hammer knocked debris on him. He was scared. So I'm betting this isn't about territory. It's about survival. I need Garcia's satellite photos and I need them now.", she climbed out and disappeared has quickly as she came. "Olivia!", she glanced at Derek as she had her phone to her ear. "What do you think is going on?", she swallowed. "I think we have a war veteran who's suffering from his PTSD.", and she disappeared. The three men sharing a look before running after her.

Olivia ran into the precinct at the same time Maria was able to leave, she had gone to the other crime scenes to try and find evidence of S.O.S marks or triangulation flags. But if it was high up, and she wasn't climbing a building with no backup. "You were right.", she sighed. "I usually like those words.", and Spencer smiled at her. "We need missing persons files from the last week, actually two weeks, and pull anything that matches Maria's description. Now. Garcia, get into ViCAP. Use my credentials. Match any missing persons with ViCAP.", the team looked at the woman. "You have access to ViCAP?", she looked at them, "I have access to whatever I want.", and she pulled out her phone and made a call. The detective looking at the team, "I'm sorry, who is she exactly?", Spencer spoke up, "American Agent Hex. She herself is a war veteran. Air Force, Rangers, CIA, and now a President's pick. And an FBI agent. No one is capable of handling her except the President and if she wanted to, she could steam roll ever town we went to.", the team nodded and the detective had wide eyes. Garcia speaking up, "I have a match.", Olivia walked back in, "Roy Woodridge. Former Ranger, Special Ops. His wife and best friend, one of his comrades in arms, filed a Missing Persons on Tuesday.", she nodded, "Get them here.", and she clenched her jaw.

Mrs. Woodridge and  his friend arrived at the precinct and Olivia raised an eyebrow as they spoke, "Was he in combat?", the two didn't answer and Olivia raised her eyebrow, they were avoiding the questions and Olivia was getting angry. "Listen here you two. I don't care about any issues there may be. But we've had 4 people killed, snapped necks, a man was attacked tonight in front of his daughter. Roy is suffering from PTSD. He has killed people, he has a gun. Secrets will not help. They will only make things worse because I will get angry and I will call whomever I must to get what we need.", the two looked at her. "You're going to tell us what happened and you will tell us now or I will have the records pulled and you will be imprisoned. Got it!", the two jumped and looked at her. "Who the hell are you.", she smirked, "I'm Olivia Hexlie. You probably know the call sign Hex.", the man had wide eyes and she clenched her jaw, "Now tell me what I need or I will call myself.", the team looked at her and everyone involved. "One night, I woke up to a kid, maybe 11, I had an AK in front of my face. Roy did what he had to to protect me.", and Olivia sighed, "It's why he asked Maria if she was okay and why she was crying. He's reliving his worst moment in time. Call Garcia, anything about missing radios we need. You are going to help us.", he nodded and she walked away. "We need swat. No grid search. We need more radios. Get Garcia on the line. We will need her too.", and she walked away, pulling her hair into a ponytail as she walked. Everyone watching her.

They found him, they got the SUVs ready and Olivia made swat stay behind. She didn't trust their trigger fingers. A copper flew overhead and she took a deep breath. She slammed on the breaks and jumped out of the car, "Sargent! This is Sargent Major Hexlie! Do you know me?", he nodded, "Where is Max?", Max stepped out and Olivia noticed a Jack Hammer being picked up, "Fucking Christ.", she pocketed her gun and sprinted, tackling the construction workers before they could even hammer. "Are you fucking stupid! The FBI gave you a direct order to cease all construction! Who is your boss!", they stammered over their words. And she snarled, "The boss now!", one of them pulled out their cell phones and she pulled in from their hands and began cursing in Russian at the boss. Max and Roy reconnected, the team and the police watching the very angry woman. Max and Roy watched the woman, "How'd you get Hex to come help?", Max swallowed, "She demanded that she get to help.", and Roy nodded. The woman left the construction workers, her phone to her ear and she quickly got all construction sites ran by that boss shut down completely. She was fuming and the team could tell. "Liv, he's okay.", she glared at Hotch and he held up his hands, "Yeah, well, he almost wasn't. Don't think I didn't notice the fucking snipers. I said no swat. Who fucking brought in a sniper?!", she muttered in Russian and got into a car. "I'll go.", and Derek went into the car with the woman. The detective looked at Hotch, "She's going to kill me.", Gideon sighed, "No, but be prepared to want to crap your pants.", and the group went back to the precinct.

Dana, Roy, and Max all linked up, Olivia smiling at the scene. Hotch walking in as she finished packing up their stuff so Jennifer and Reid could head out and relax. "You have half the officers concerned for their jobs.", she looked at him, "Yeah, well. I'm not used to not being listened to.", he laughed as she smiled at him, "I'm sorry. I know I cause some, unease when I get angry. Which really is far too often. Especially when orders are ignored. We gave those orders so people wouldn't get hurt and we could have the best outcome. It wasn't so we could protect him. Which I'm going to do. I have my attorney on for him at no cost as well as getting him set up with a therapist that is saw for awhile.", Hotch nodded at her. "Why are you so bothered by this?", she glanced at him, "Because, I've seen people who suffer from the PTSD get killed or commit suicide just to escape the torture. If I can help one person, then I won't hesitate to do so.", he nodded. "You can't save everyone.", she licked her lips, "I can damn while try. I'm here to help this team. That means, I'm here to help the victims and when needed, maybe the suspects.", and the two left, going to the airport.

Hotch looked at the divorce packet, along with the letter from Hailey giving proof of her cheating as well as her having Jack secretly tested. He clenched his jaw, he also had a second folder. He opened it and he stood up, "Liv!", she looked at his office and raised an eyebrow before she walked up the stairs. "What's wrong, Hotch?", he looked at her and gave her the two folders. She hid her smirk. "Hotch, I'm so sorry.", he clenched his jaw and sat down. "I will need help.", she nodded, "I'll get you help and help however possible. But that second file, she won't get Jack, and with proof of you being his father, he's yours. I have a few connections. My resources are yours, and anyone on this team that may need them.", he nodded, she softly smiled, "I really am sorry, Aaron. But, this may be for the best. Cheating, stealing, lying, and drug abuse.",  he took breath, "Probably.", she softly smiled at him, "I'm here. I'm in your corner. I always have been.", she took a deep breath. "I have to go home, but. If you need me. Give me a call.", she left his office and grabbed her stuff, "See you folks tomorrow.", and she left the office.