Chapter 16

JJ was the first to notice something was different between her boss and her best friend. It had been three weeks since the part had returned from their leave of absence and while there wasn't much difference in how Olivia and Hotch acted around each other. The tension was long gone. The team no longer felt like kids trapped between parents. There was something else Jj noticed. The silver moonstone ring that Olivia wore on her left ring finger. Hotch had a ring, a black silicone ring, on his left ring finger. Olivia explained that the ring had been Denise's and her wife had given it to her upon their visit to see the deceased friend's family to show their respects, and Hotch told the team how he and Haley were divorced but he wasn't use to not having a ring. So he was trying to take small steps toward not wearing on at all. The team had a case brief shortly and a look shared between Hotch and Liv didn't go unnoticed by the blonde. So, she called the team to the conference room. Hotch smiled as he walked in last, behind Olivia. "Before we start, we need to tell you guys something.", the team looked at the pair. Olivia softly smiled, "As you all know, Hotch and I have been going to frequent meetings the last few weeks. Some of them with the director, some with the president, and some with all of us.", Olivia frowned, "The President is proud to have me on his team, he's proud of my abilities, and he's proud of my accomplishments. But he noticed how I seem more human here. The director has as well. So, I will be joining the BAU permanently. Unless there is a terrorist attack or war. I am here to stay.", the team smiled and cheered, Spencer speaking up, "Does this mean you listen to the director?", and Olivia laugh, "Oh gods no. I have the second highest clearance level of anyone in the building. I listen to no one but myself and the president still. I still have all my accesses and can still do what I please.", and Rossi chuckled, "I was trying to imagine you listening to someone other than the President or yourself.", Hotch sighed, "And let me guess. She didn't?", and the team laughed. "On to the case.", and JJ smiled as she thought she figured out what was different. They weren't stressed to lose each other again. But with Hotch still holding to his marriage, she didn't think there was any hope for the two.

Olivia frowned as she looked at the victims body. Yet another psychopath with mommy issues. She frowned as she put on her gloves and grabbed the woman's jaw, turning her head to the side, seeing a fresh tattoo behind her ear and a lock of blonde hair. "Hotch.", the Unit Chief walked over and knelt beside the spy. "He altered her appearance." , Olivia took a picture of the tattoo and sent it to Garcia. She stood up, "We need to look at the others.", he nodded and the two stood up, Olivia walking away to call Reid and JJ, who were at the morgue. Derek looked at the pair. Calling Prentiss to let her and Rossi know what just happened, and questioning how none of the medical examiner staff and police noticed it.

The BAU met back up at the station a few hours later. All with the same story, all the girls hair had been dyed brunette and they all had the same flower tattoo behind their ear and a belly button piercing of a matching flower. The team discussing the meaning of the flower. While Liv sat quietly, a folder in her hands. The team was arguing and Liv hummed. "Elizabeth Short. How obvious.", the team looked at her as she slide the file into the center of the table. "It's January, and it's been 60 years. Unsolved and more rumors surrounding the case than ever.", she tilted her head, "This person is obsessed with the crime. Penelope, get online and see if you can find any fanatic groups for The Black Dahlia case. Match records of that with anyone who bought flights to LA leaving the next few days. I have a feeling this is just getting started and it's going to continue in LA.", the team frowned, "Why do you think that?", she looked at them, "Facial structure, dyeing the hair, the tattoos and the belly rings of the flower. And each victim, their wounds are getting more aggressive and the killer is becoming more confident in their ability to cut someone open. And I'm guessing, this guy is going to be on dating sites. Look at the victims web history. See if they have any common dating sites or chat rooms. Until we get a name, we're running blind. We should rest. Come on.", and Olivia left the table. Jj following after her.

JJ and Liv were sharing a room, Jj looking at the brunette, "You okay?", Liv nodded, "Ya, why wouldn't I be?", JJ frowned, "I'm not sure but you just seem different. Like you're hiding something.", Liv laughed, "I'm not, and I'm sorry if it seems that way. I guess I'm still a bit worried I could get called away at any moment.", Jj tilted her head and sighed, "I know, but you're here. With me. And we're okay.", Liv smiled at her friend, "You're right. We're okay.", and the two girls relaxed with each other.

To say Hotch wasn't impressed during their first case back after vacation was an understatement. On paper, she was Olivia Kia Hexlie-Hotchner but she was still being introduced at Agent Hex, and the team thought she was single and he was divorced. They were married, and, technically they could room together but, he always roomed with Rossi and she always roomed with either Spencer and Derek or with JJ. So, he'd just have to put up with not sleeping next to his wife for a few nights. Rossi looked at him, "Why are you sour?", Hotch sighed, "I just, I was ready to come back but I'm missing the comforts of being at home with my family a bit.", Rossi nodded, "I know, but, it could be different. You could be coming back after funeral leave.", Hotch nodded, "Yeah. Instead I'm coming back after leave to care for Jack.", Rossi nodded and the old man looked at him, "You're still wearing your ring?", Hotch sighed, "I don't feel comfortable taking it off.", Rossi raised an eyebrow, "How is anyone supposed to know you're available if you're wearing your ring?", Hotch sighed, "Maybe I don't want people to know. I'm not available. Not emotionally.", which was a lie. He wasn't available because he was married. To the love of his life. And only a few people knew. But, they had a game going. How long would it take for the team to figure it out and who would be the first to figure it out?