Chapter 11

The Reaper. Some called him a scary story told around camp fires, others believed he was a deity to come guide passed loved ones to the other side. To the BAU, he was an unsolved case. But, he was back. Hotch had flown out a day prior to the rest of the BAU to get to the scene of the crime. And it left Olivia with too many questions and not enough answers. And she was hoping that they would get answers and the Unsub this time. If only she knew what was to come of this case.

"Can we talk to the one that was left alive? George Foyet? Surely he could give us some answers.", Aaron looked at Olivia, "After the attack, Foyet went off the grid. He didn't want to be found again. Especially since we didn't catch this guy the last time.", Olivia sighed, "Surely someone knows where he is. He had to have left a forwarding address or he has to have a way to vote, a car.", Garcia shook her head through the monitor, "Not a thing. After the attack, George Foyet became a ghost.", Olivia glared, "Then get him out of his house. We have to talk to him.", the team looked at her, "He's the only guy we got that can maybe help us. He survived. Why? Why did the reaper call 9-1-1 before he knew for sure that Foyet was dead.", she clenched her jaw and stood up, "I need to see the files, all of them, in relation to Foyet.", Reid handed her what she needed and she looked over them before tilting her head. "What's wrong?", she shook her head, "I don't know. But something isn't right about George Foyet. Garcia, deep dive. Use my credentials.", and Olivia left the room. The team sitting silent. Sure, she's felt off about victims and their stories before, but she's never been this harsh before. "I'll go.", Morgan went after Olivia and found her outside, muttering in Spanish on her phone. She hung up and clenched her jaw. "You okay, Widow?", she sent him a look and Derek raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, alright. You're not okay. Walk me through it.", she took a deep breath, "Of all the victims. All the crime scenes. Why call 9-1-1 for Foyet and his girlfriend. Why go after the girl first? If I were an Unsub. The male would be my first target. The reaper stalked his victims. So why didn't he kill Foyet first, then the girlfriend? Why did Foyet survive? After Foyet's attack, there was a lull in reaper attacks. Why? Foyet told police he didn't get a good look at the guy. He gave a sketch but we both know that sketch is any average joe. Then magically, after the commanding officer passes away, the reaper strikes again?", she was pacing and Derek stood in front of her and placed his hands on her shoulder. "I don't know, but we will find out if we all work together and you pull your head back to now.", she shook her head, "I can't. George Foyet, his wounds. The reaper would have had to have purposely missed and avoided any fatal injuries. And the wounds, they could honestly have been self-inflicted.", Derek looked at her, "You think Foyet is the Reaper.", she made a face, "I think Foyet is someone we really gotta look into. And starting first, I want any medicine that can't be bought off the shelf of any store. I want what has to be prescribed. Someone's seen this guy. And I want to see him too.", and Olivia marched back inside. Derek sending Reid and Hotch a text that Olivia was on a war path for George Foyet.

They had found Foyet and spoken to him, and it didn't make Olivia any less suspicious of the guy. She was on her way to telling Aaron her thoughts when his door opened and they both had wide eyes, "Oh, Liv. I was just coming to find you.", she raised an eyebrow, "Well, here I am. You first.", she walked into Hotch's room and tilted her head. Olivia was wearing maroon leggings, a white sweatshirt, white and maroon stripped socks, and slides. Her hair was in a braid and her face was free of makeup, her phone, badge, and gun were in her waistline. "The Reaper called and told me if I didn't take up the rest of the deal, he was going to strike again.", she raised an eyebrow, "Sounds like we're getting close.", Aaron sent her a look, "I'm serious.", and she made a face, "I am too. No one strikes up a deal unless the other party is close to them. Which brings me to why I'm here.", she sat at the table, "I think the Reaper has always been George Foyet.", Aaron sent her a look and she didn't waiver. "Why do you say that?", she raised an eyebrow, "Foyet is good with computers, well educated, and charming. But, if we look at the story he gave of his attack and the facts of the other crimes. Foyet is alive for a reason. The Reaper would have killed Foyet first, then the girlfriend, then called police. Not kill the girlfriend, then attack Foyet, then call police. Also, the wounds from the reaper on Foyet were purposely inflicted to not hit any major arteries or organs. Foyet wouldn't have died from his wounds no matter what. Also, the angle of the knife could suggest self inflicted injuries.", she slide over all the files to Aaron and he looked at them, "Also, Peter Rhea. Rearranging the letters brings us to the name The Reaper. Is that not the alias Foyet has been using?", Aaron sighed, "Olivia, how confident are you in this?", she tilted her head, "If I have to, I'll hunt him down myself.", Hotch nodded, "Well.", and he put the files aside, "That can wait until tomorrow. We need sleep.", she raised an eyebrow, "The look in your eyes says that you have something other than sleep on your mind, Hotchner.", he smirked and stood up, rushing over to her and easily picking her up. Olivia's legs going around his waist as their lips met with a clash of teeth. Aaron quickly spinning the two and throwing her down on the bed before climbing over her and resuming what he had started. Not that Olivia would argue.