Chapter 18

The team had to leave before the case was finished because there was nothing they could find to lead to an unsub. But, they left their contact and Liv left the case as an interest for the American Agents. The flight back, the entire team could tell that Liv was frustrated and didn't want to leave. But, they had to. Liv was spinning her pen with a clenched jaw, and the team, well, they gave her space. Not even Hotch daring to speak to her. "I'm not going to bite.", Derek smirked, "Pretty sure you will, pretty girl.", she sent him a look but she ended up smiling and letting out a chuckle. "Sorry, I just. I don't understand. We should have had him.", her eyebrows farrowed and she took a deep breath. "It's fine. We'll get them next time.", her phone rang, and her eyebrows farrowed. "I'll be back.", and she walked back to the back, shutting the door.

Korean effortlessly left her lips, her words fast and harsh. The team jumped at the new language and Spencer couldn't translate. "Son of a BITCH!", a door slammed and a phone flew through the air. "Get us back to Quantico, NOW!", and the team was silent. No one knowing what just happened, and they weren't sure they wanted to know.

Liv left the airfield quickly, not saying a word. Her car left with a squeal of tires and smoke. "What the hell just happened?", and no one could answer Emily's question. But the brunette would learn soon enough what had  happened to make the spy so upset.

"How the hell did he get out? Ian Doyle was meant to be sent away for life.", the director sighed, "I don't know. Supposed good behavior it seems.", she glared, "Bullshit. We locked him away and then literally threw away the fucking key! I was promised that he wouldn't get out by the U.N.", her eyes narrowed and one of the UN reps swallowed. "I'm going to find him because I'll tell you now. Anyone who took part in taking him down has a target on their back. And I happen to personally know someone that was on that team. And I'll be damned if they get hurt.", she left the room and grabbed her phone, calling Dig, telling him what was going on, and the American Agents team were on the case, and the President's Soldier was awake and in control.

The team hadn't seen Liv in nearly a week when the agent and her friends burst into the BAU room. "Liv!", she glanced at them, "We have a slight issue.", her eyes landed on Emily, "A international criminal as somehow escaped a hole that he was put in. He's not been seen since, but he has targeted the team that put him away. Of the team of 6, half have died. I have two of the other three in protective custody and in different countries. The third, I cannot remove.", Emily sighed, "But, they will be safe all the same.", Hotch looked at his wife, "Where have you been?", she glanced at him, "I've been too about 12 different countries in 7 days. But that's beside the point. Ian Doyle has an alias and that alias was tracked to come to Washington DC. I'm guessing he knows he can't get all the targets but he is going after the one most important to him.", Dig and Matt stood by Emily, "The woman who stole his heart and then broke it.", and the team looked at Emily, "What?", Liv sighed, "I got told as soon as she was transferred. I didn't care too much about the information until now. Emily used to work for interpol. She had an alias. All the team that took down Doyle did. All with the initial L.M.", Spencer sighed, "Lauren is dead.", and he looked at Emily before looking at Olivia. "As of now, this BAU team is grounded. Until Doyle is found, no one who associates with Emily is safe. The American Team has taken over the hunt for Doyle. This is for the best.", Jj looked at Hotch as he clenched his jaw before looking at Emily, "Hotch, it isn't her fault.", Liv's voice was soft. "She couldn't have know Doyle would get out of that prison. I've personally been there. I don't even know how he got out.", the team looked at her, "Not as a prisoner, I went this week.", she waved them off, "He had to have had connections that no one knew about.", Hotch nodded and looked at her, noticing the ring on her finger. He softly smiled and she smiled back. "As for the team. All your families have smaller sectors of the president's team on them under my command. All have been vetted by me.", Dig spoke up, "Meaning she tortured them and once she deemed them as not a liability, they were sent to look over your families. If anyone was deemed a liability.", Liv tilted her head, "I killed them.", and the team sighed. Hotch looking at his wife, how was she one of the most amazing and caring people to ever walk the earth but also one of the few that could harm and kill another human without flinching? It both fascinated him and concerned him. But he knew, it was her training and in her blood. She wasn't an agent, she never would be. She was forever going to be a spy and an assassin, under the command of the President. And she would always get the job done, no matter what. The door opened and Jack ran in with the new nanny, who nodded at Liv, "Daddy! Liv!", the agent dropped to her knees and hugged Jack, her eyes closed. She would never risk Jack being in danger ever again. Her eyes opened and the whole of those around her could tell. No one was ever going to hurt her family again and everyone in the room was her family. "Я люблю тебя, сынок.", Jack smiled, looking at Olivia, "Я тоже тебя люблю, мама.", and everyone looked at the pair, Hotch smiling as the American Agents smiled, Emily had wide eyes, JJ was gapping, and Spencer, Derek, Garcia, and Rossi were confused. "What?", Olivia stood up, "The last 4 months Hotch and I have been keeping a secret. We got married after Foyet. In Vegas. On our way to California. The president and the director knew. But, we kept it a secret. The American Agents were able to figure it out fairly quickly, I'm surprised the BAU didn't.", the BAU team was looking at their boss, their assassin, and the son standing together. "Congratulations!", Jj ran forward first and Olivia wrapped her best friend into a hug. Before the blonde hugged her boss and Jack too. Derek and Rossi being the next two, then Garcia and Emily. Spencer frowning, "That explains why you two were always sneaking back and forth.", Liv chuckled, "Part of it, but part of it really was because I was talking case files and notes.", and the team laughed as the doors opened, the President and the Director walking in. "Sorry to interrupt the celebrations but, we've come to tell you all that has of right now, the BAU and the American Agents will work in tandem until Ian Boyle is dealt with.", Derek frowned, "Dealt with?", Olivia looked at Derek, "My orders are we are to take him dead.", the President nodded before looking at Emily, "And afterwards, we may need to talk, Ms. Prentiss.", and the two authorities left the BAU office. "So, where do we start?", Olivia looked at Emily, "Unfortunately you're a witness and a victim, so. Dig and Derek are going to interview you. We need to get a read on Doyle. Tell them everything Em, Dig will know if you aren't. The rest of us, we need to look at the confirmed murders committed by Doyle. Hope you all have passports.", and the hunt began.