014 | Seriously

I had my next appointment to see if I'd be cleared for work and I have been but I've got to wait for another two shifts which is fine because today I'm spending the day at the firehouse while the guys are on shift. It was Tuesday today which meant After today it'll be one shift and then I'm finally going to be able to be back working with my best friend. I spent the night in my apartment on my own, it was weird being on my own but it was nice I guess. When I got home last night i had a pile of mail, most of it junk so I threw it out but one piece of mail caught my eye,  it was from the prison. I couldn't bring myself to open it though.

"I'm going to ask Sylvie to sit with me to open it" I mumbled to myself, I didn't want to face Thomas not until the trial but I knew I had to. I wanted to have some sort of closure so I could move on. Get some answered but that might not even be what the letter is for. Making sure my bag was packed with my painkillers, the letter as well as my charger I then knew I was ready to leave so I decided to grab a shower since I wasn't heading out until half 9. I headed into my room and grabbed some black mom jeans, a white t-shirt and I was going to add my black leather jacket and my black ankle boots.

"Camomile and lavender or Strawberry and mint shower gel today?" I asked myself as I looked between my two shower gels I had brought the other day, the strawberry one was pink and looked sparkly which may seem childish to most but I still wanted to try it. After what felt like an eternity I decided on the strawberry and mint shower gel.

♡♥♡♥♡♥

I arrived at the firehouse at 10:20am leaving the house later than I originally planned. I parked my car by the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road before climbing out and locking the doors, I bite my lip gently as I worried about what the mail from the prison was about. Part of me knew it was probably a letter from Thomas or a visiting order but another part of me wanted to be wrong, it wanted it to be anything but a visiting order.

"Hey, Sylvie" I said as I walked towards ambo where Sylvie was talking to a woman, she had black hair which she had styled into a ponytail; as I got closer to Sylvie and the woman I saw her eyes were hazel, they were pretty too. I wasn't sure what her ethnicity was but she was pretty; like really pretty. I hadn't seen this woman around before let alone met her so I have to admit I was intrigued as to who she was although I wasn't single I could still find her pretty, her eyes were what drew my attention to her, I had was liked hazel eyes

"Paige, your late. I thought you were going to here by 10. Is everything okay" Sylvie asked sounding genuinely worried

"I'm fine. I just left later than I planned. I was watching a documentary on why people kill" I said which made Sylvie laugh, I never usually watch documentary's but it was on the television when I turned it on and for some reason it gripped me.

"You never watch documentary's" laughed Sylvie

"I know, it was on when the tv on and I guess I was too lazy to turn over but then I was intrigued and ended up watching the whole thing" I laughed to my best friend

"Gianna this is Paige, she is the one we all have worried about for weeks, and she's my best friend" sylvie said instead of continuing our conversation when she realised she hadn't introduced me to the woman stood beside her

"Hi I'm Gianna Mackey. It's nice to finally meet you" Gianna smiled to me

"Paige Voight, the Weirdest and Randomist Bitch you'd probably ever meet around here" I laughed before sticking my hand out to shake Gianna's hand I didn't know if randomist was a word but If it was then it definitely one to remind me.